Bear Necessities

Monday, November 26, 2007

Tri-County Saturday Night

So Saturday night Frank and I headed to New Delhi to meet his sister and brother-in-law for dinner. I'm definitely cultivating a taste for Indian food, and New Delhi does it right! Food and conversation were great. We chatted away until 9 or so then headed out to see The Loop at RP McMurphy's.

RP McMurphy's is in Holmes so we headed to 95 and made our way to Delaware County. After negotiating parking and running across 4 lanes of McDade Boulevard we plopped ourselves into a booth and ordered drinks as the band took the stage. As Frank pondered a screwdriver that was just not the right color, the music started. Now, Frank went to high school with one of the guys in the band, so his sister leans forward and asks which one. Frank takes a beat, then says he's never seen any of these guys before. This is not The Loop.

After a little investigation we learn that there was a mix up in the schedule, they played Friday night. Saturday they were at Reed's in Blue Bell. So we finished our drinks and after a horrible version of a Phish song decided to strike out for Montgomery County and Reed's. We found our way to 476 and made it to Reed's by midnight. Happily we had found The Loop!

Drinks were ordered and we held out through some terrible music courtesy of Wired 96.5 until the band took the stage. They were quite fun, it was nice to dance and yell lyrics again. But no evening would be complete without some bazaar happening. In this case, it was the lady's room.

I walk in and join the inevitable line, stepping over the broken beer bottle. Soon a girl emerges from a stall asking me and the girl behind me if her bra was showing. The girl behind me stepped up and began adjusting the offending garment as the young lady complained about a lack of bra support. Okay...

Then came the shrill voice from another stall talking to another occupant about how she showed her panties for Phillies tickets and they turned out to be sucky seats so she didn't even go. But it was okay, because she didn't show off good panties and they were on backwards anyhow. Oh to be young...

Next the handicapped stall opened and two sober women wandered out. I'm not even going to speculate...

Finally I'm up, but am warned that the toilet in the newly available cubby doesn't flush...I'll wait. Finally I'm in! I do my thing then head out...to run into a very excited girl beckoning to her friend to come into the stall and see what she's done before she flushes...And here I thought that was just a guy thing. Learn something new every day. Gross, but new.

Once the set was over my wagon was draggin and the smoke was wearing on me. I felt like a bit of a wet blanket, but I was ready for a change of scene. Soon we headed up the road to a diner where the girls had cake and the boys had another dinner. Or perhaps an early breakfast...either way we talked and laughed until the wee hours then headed back to the city to pass out.

I suppose it could be considered club hopping...or blind wandering in search of a good band and a decent drink. Whatever it was, it was a lot of fun!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home