Green Dosey Doh!
Well, this year that depends on your religious affiliation. If you are Catholic then this year it was moved to the 15th. I'm not Catholic so for me it was still the 17th. Where was I? Oh yes...
St. Patrick's Day...when we celebrate in the traditional way...by going to a Mexican bar. Hey, I didn't say it was everyone's tradition! Perhaps just mine and a few of my friends, but we've done it every year for quite some time now.
So in years past when I've assumed everyone was busy I got calls the day before (or the day of) wondering what the plan was. This year I decided to be proactive and plan ahead! Between rehearsals and life in general the turn out looked to be rather small, just 10 or so. On the 12th here was the line up:
me, Frank, Connie, Will, Ralph, Lydia, Travis, Amanda, Jen and a possible representative from the Reisse clan
By Saturday it was:
me, Frank, Connie, Ralph, Lydia, Travis, Amanda, Jen, a possible representative from the Reisse clan, Val and Josh
Sunday at 8 PM it was:me, Frank, Connie, Ralph, Lydia, Travis, Amanda, Jen, a possible representative from the Reisse clan, Val, Josh and maybe Jill
Sunday at 8:30:
me, Frank, Connie, Travis, Amanda, Jen, a possible representative from the Reisse clan, Val, Josh and maybe JillMonday it became:
me, Frank, Connie, Travis, Amanda, Jen, Chuck, Andrew, Val, Josh and maybe Monie after choir
And by the time we all finally sat down to dinner we had:
me, Frank, Connie, Travis, Amanda, Chuck and Andrew
It was a great bit of fun and for those who missed it here are some highlights:
-Chuck and I did a very large shot of tequila. I nearly had it come out my nose, Chuck found that he over limed and wanted his lips as far from his teeth as possible.
-A few of us tried a new beer...Royal Stout. It was build as a "sweet Guinness type of beer". Yeah, not really. Pour some sherry in your stout and that's more like it. But it was a dollar so hey! It was mentioned that perhaps this was Agave's answer to green beer.
-We discovered that Travis is camera shy.
-Chuck was frightened by the amazing aging leprechaun...the closer she got the older she got!
-Though Chuck had to work later he was determined to give at least the appearance of inebriation.
-Amanda did what we all thought was impossible: She over cheesed.
-Connie spent a lot of time surprised...

...It spread.
-Andrew got a dollar shoved down his pants
-Though I made a valient effort Frank managed to not snarf his fajita



2 Comments:
At 12:44 PM,
Monika Kruemmling said…
*le sigh* I hate missing cinco de mayo... I mean St. Patricks day! I mean... I don't know what I mean. I just hate missing whatever it is we do.
At 10:06 AM,
Anonymous said…
Please see Monika's comment above and realize that I say the exact same thing!
HUGS
Post a Comment
<< Home