Letting Go
I did something this morning I very rarely do: I let go.
This summer I met someone who was in desperate need of a safe, nurturing place and I provided it. Yes, those of you who met him thoroughly disliked him, but you know me. I have trouble turning away strays.
In the end I met Frank and that didn't go over so well with him, even though my stray was with his girlfriend. His possessive girlfriend who freaked out when he talked to other females. So we didn't talk much after that. The occasional e-mail, text, brief call. Oh, he was the one who left me with the toxic hat and the lemon stick so you have some reference.
Sunday he announced he was deleting his MySpace page because "someone removed him from her friends list and that was the only reason he had the account". Someone appears to be his girlfriend. So being the momma duck I am I texted him to see if he was okay. When I got no response I e-mailed. Still nothing.
Today he's blogging mysteriously about not knowing where life will take him or if he can make it, perhaps changing his last name because he hates his dad and won't have sons to carry it on anyhow. His profile picture is of him and his girlfriend.
So what happened to the dramatic exit?
Then he sent a forward daring receivers to tell the sender what they really think of him. Here was my reply:
I think you want attention.
I think if life were really causing you such anguish you would respond to those of us who tell you we are worried, even if it's only to say you will be okay eventually.
I think you enjoy making people wonder.
I think you are inconsiderate.
I think part of you revels in being a dark, brooding figure.
I think you unintentionally use people emotionally to boost your own sense of self.
I think you still have a lot of growing up to do.
And I think that since you don't care that I worry about you that perhaps I should stop bothering to...
So as I said at the beginning of this post, I've let go. He will fly or fall under his own power or on the back of someone else. It doesn't need to be me. I have true friends who need my love, support and concern. I do not need to waste it on someone who abuses it.
Lydia is most likely doing the happy dance now : )
This summer I met someone who was in desperate need of a safe, nurturing place and I provided it. Yes, those of you who met him thoroughly disliked him, but you know me. I have trouble turning away strays.
In the end I met Frank and that didn't go over so well with him, even though my stray was with his girlfriend. His possessive girlfriend who freaked out when he talked to other females. So we didn't talk much after that. The occasional e-mail, text, brief call. Oh, he was the one who left me with the toxic hat and the lemon stick so you have some reference.
Sunday he announced he was deleting his MySpace page because "someone removed him from her friends list and that was the only reason he had the account". Someone appears to be his girlfriend. So being the momma duck I am I texted him to see if he was okay. When I got no response I e-mailed. Still nothing.
Today he's blogging mysteriously about not knowing where life will take him or if he can make it, perhaps changing his last name because he hates his dad and won't have sons to carry it on anyhow. His profile picture is of him and his girlfriend.
So what happened to the dramatic exit?
Then he sent a forward daring receivers to tell the sender what they really think of him. Here was my reply:
I think you want attention.
I think if life were really causing you such anguish you would respond to those of us who tell you we are worried, even if it's only to say you will be okay eventually.
I think you enjoy making people wonder.
I think you are inconsiderate.
I think part of you revels in being a dark, brooding figure.
I think you unintentionally use people emotionally to boost your own sense of self.
I think you still have a lot of growing up to do.
And I think that since you don't care that I worry about you that perhaps I should stop bothering to...
So as I said at the beginning of this post, I've let go. He will fly or fall under his own power or on the back of someone else. It doesn't need to be me. I have true friends who need my love, support and concern. I do not need to waste it on someone who abuses it.
Lydia is most likely doing the happy dance now : )

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home