Good Grief
You know, sometimes in life you have to just shake your head and chuckle...though it is a patronizing chuckle this day, for today I was flamed on Facebook. Yup, that social networking site so many people know and love.
Personally, I'm on Facebook because Jill told me I could poke people. I mean who could resist a cyberpoke? Okay, get all those dirty thoughts right out of there! But as I have a page just for the poking I don't do a whole lot with FB. I dislike my info being shopped out to download an application, so if you've ever sent me anything and noticed it fell flat, well it wasn't personal, I just don't snowball, plant, pass the word on about world peace, play games, adopt kittens (though I think Andi did get me to adopt a bunny)...all those fun things. I pop on to poke Jill, put up the occasional picture and talk to Aly.
And I'm picky about friends. My general theory is that if I don't know you I don't need to accept your friend request. Reasonable I think. Now there are people out there that I know and still don't accept the request, like my ex-husband. I don't care what he's up to and he doesn't care what I'm up to and that's the way I like it. This category also extends to people I went to high school with and either don't remember or never actually had a conversation with...or that I found annoying. Again, except for the annoying group, it isn't anything personal. I just don't feel the need to have 5000 friends. Maybe if I was a band...anyhow, lets get to the flamage.
A girl I went to high school with sent me a friend request ages ago and I chose to ignore it. Why? Because my senior year was interesting and when I stopped hanging out with another friend (long story) this person decided to become a stereotypical teenage girl and be nasty. It didn't bother me much, she was much more the other person's friend than mine, we didn't hang out nor were we in the same classes. Once she was nasty it was incredibly easy to just not be around her.
Time passes...
And we are back to FB and me ignoring her request, which must have been months ago. Today I get a message from her, "Screw you sweetie". I'm finding it amusing that she cares enough to still be snotty, and a bit surprised, but hey I'm sure someday I will regret not accepting her request to be my friend. I'm sure someday I will lay awake at night thinking of how my life could have been different if I'd just clicked "accept..."
Or maybe, just maybe, I'll chuckle and blog about this silliness because much like only I can grow mushrooms on a car battery I'm probably one of the few people who would get flamed on Facebook.
Hee hee
PS...Spell check didn't flag "Flamage"
Personally, I'm on Facebook because Jill told me I could poke people. I mean who could resist a cyberpoke? Okay, get all those dirty thoughts right out of there! But as I have a page just for the poking I don't do a whole lot with FB. I dislike my info being shopped out to download an application, so if you've ever sent me anything and noticed it fell flat, well it wasn't personal, I just don't snowball, plant, pass the word on about world peace, play games, adopt kittens (though I think Andi did get me to adopt a bunny)...all those fun things. I pop on to poke Jill, put up the occasional picture and talk to Aly.
And I'm picky about friends. My general theory is that if I don't know you I don't need to accept your friend request. Reasonable I think. Now there are people out there that I know and still don't accept the request, like my ex-husband. I don't care what he's up to and he doesn't care what I'm up to and that's the way I like it. This category also extends to people I went to high school with and either don't remember or never actually had a conversation with...or that I found annoying. Again, except for the annoying group, it isn't anything personal. I just don't feel the need to have 5000 friends. Maybe if I was a band...anyhow, lets get to the flamage.
A girl I went to high school with sent me a friend request ages ago and I chose to ignore it. Why? Because my senior year was interesting and when I stopped hanging out with another friend (long story) this person decided to become a stereotypical teenage girl and be nasty. It didn't bother me much, she was much more the other person's friend than mine, we didn't hang out nor were we in the same classes. Once she was nasty it was incredibly easy to just not be around her.
Time passes...
And we are back to FB and me ignoring her request, which must have been months ago. Today I get a message from her, "Screw you sweetie". I'm finding it amusing that she cares enough to still be snotty, and a bit surprised, but hey I'm sure someday I will regret not accepting her request to be my friend. I'm sure someday I will lay awake at night thinking of how my life could have been different if I'd just clicked "accept..."
Or maybe, just maybe, I'll chuckle and blog about this silliness because much like only I can grow mushrooms on a car battery I'm probably one of the few people who would get flamed on Facebook.
Hee hee
PS...Spell check didn't flag "Flamage"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home