Ho Ho Ho
It's that time of year again, where I deck my hall and put up the tree. This is the second year I have had a helper elf, and I must say Frank is a very good one. I think I'll keep him.
Saturday was the annual Christmas gathering in Ambler. While I'd hoped to get the Gaian Mind crew out, the monthly gathering at Zot turned out to be the same night so no GM for us. We had some early cancellations due to illness: Clan Lester was hit with the plague, Matt's date's father had a heart attack, and Don was sick and/or found something better to do. This was also the first year we didn't have Clan Wentzel, but I've tempted them over for cocoa and booze tomorrow night so it's all good.
Folks were due to arrive around 4. At 4:10 I realized the Lesters were going to bring the beer so I ran out to the beverage outlet in a slight panic. When I got home Monie, Lydia and the kids had arrived. Lydia whisked the beer out of my arms and it was nothing but hugs from there on out. Zoe and Jack were terrific as always and Frank had everyone settled with drinks and was busily pulling things out of the oven. He is a fantastic co-host.
On my heels were Megan and John bearing beer, ziti and the most evil-yummy brownies! As I said to Amanda earlier, we may not have had Jill's crack, but these were a pretty good substitute!
Greg arrived with a disturbing Yard-o-Beef and a smile having been elected the only healthy member of the family and sent as envoy to the party. We loaded him up with gifts for the kids and made sure his tummy was full. Much to my surprise Matt and his date did make it, though his date was a bit over excited. That is a whole other story though. I was glad Matt could make it out, he doesn't really socialize a whole lot since his divorce.
Clan Reisse arrived and Charlotte was soon zipping around from room to room with Princess Dora in hand. Connie arrived as the kids were opening presents and was just in time to see Julie open their card and gift for little Molly, the proto-Reisse. Charlotte made a wonderful Santa, though at one point started giving Bill money meant for her dad so that raised some eyebrows. After that Greg had to leave us to see to the sick folks, we'll be making a date for a private showing of the Gingerdead Man.
Lydia was her usual brilliant self and brought little stockings for the kids to make. And there was no mess! I have no idea how she did that! Charlotte set up the traveling play area, beginning in the living room, moving into the kitchen, recruiting Megan to carry the toys back to the living room and then settling in the hall. It was quite fun to watch, especially as Megan explained that she thought Charlotte needed help getting the little people into the car then too late realized she was just piling everything into her arms!
Amanda and Jen stopped by after another party bearing Amanda's wonderful humus, mint Baileys and a poinsettia. Coffee was made and spiked and after the little folks left we settled in to watch Gary Busey as a 12" homicidal cookie in The Gingerdead Man. It was as good as it sounds...hee hee. It only ran an hour and I have to say didn't have the entertainment value of Jack Frost, but it was campy if gross fun and that's what we were going for.
Amanda was off to yet another party and Jen was turning into a pumpkin so they headed out. Matt's date wanted to get home so they too said good night. That left Connie, Bill, Frank, Megan, John and I to chat away the rest of the night. Around 3 Frank called the evening and goodbyes were said.
Another lovely pre-Christmas gathering with my favorite people, big and small. There are even pictures!
Saturday was the annual Christmas gathering in Ambler. While I'd hoped to get the Gaian Mind crew out, the monthly gathering at Zot turned out to be the same night so no GM for us. We had some early cancellations due to illness: Clan Lester was hit with the plague, Matt's date's father had a heart attack, and Don was sick and/or found something better to do. This was also the first year we didn't have Clan Wentzel, but I've tempted them over for cocoa and booze tomorrow night so it's all good.
Folks were due to arrive around 4. At 4:10 I realized the Lesters were going to bring the beer so I ran out to the beverage outlet in a slight panic. When I got home Monie, Lydia and the kids had arrived. Lydia whisked the beer out of my arms and it was nothing but hugs from there on out. Zoe and Jack were terrific as always and Frank had everyone settled with drinks and was busily pulling things out of the oven. He is a fantastic co-host.
On my heels were Megan and John bearing beer, ziti and the most evil-yummy brownies! As I said to Amanda earlier, we may not have had Jill's crack, but these were a pretty good substitute!
Greg arrived with a disturbing Yard-o-Beef and a smile having been elected the only healthy member of the family and sent as envoy to the party. We loaded him up with gifts for the kids and made sure his tummy was full. Much to my surprise Matt and his date did make it, though his date was a bit over excited. That is a whole other story though. I was glad Matt could make it out, he doesn't really socialize a whole lot since his divorce.
Clan Reisse arrived and Charlotte was soon zipping around from room to room with Princess Dora in hand. Connie arrived as the kids were opening presents and was just in time to see Julie open their card and gift for little Molly, the proto-Reisse. Charlotte made a wonderful Santa, though at one point started giving Bill money meant for her dad so that raised some eyebrows. After that Greg had to leave us to see to the sick folks, we'll be making a date for a private showing of the Gingerdead Man.
Lydia was her usual brilliant self and brought little stockings for the kids to make. And there was no mess! I have no idea how she did that! Charlotte set up the traveling play area, beginning in the living room, moving into the kitchen, recruiting Megan to carry the toys back to the living room and then settling in the hall. It was quite fun to watch, especially as Megan explained that she thought Charlotte needed help getting the little people into the car then too late realized she was just piling everything into her arms!
Amanda and Jen stopped by after another party bearing Amanda's wonderful humus, mint Baileys and a poinsettia. Coffee was made and spiked and after the little folks left we settled in to watch Gary Busey as a 12" homicidal cookie in The Gingerdead Man. It was as good as it sounds...hee hee. It only ran an hour and I have to say didn't have the entertainment value of Jack Frost, but it was campy if gross fun and that's what we were going for.
Amanda was off to yet another party and Jen was turning into a pumpkin so they headed out. Matt's date wanted to get home so they too said good night. That left Connie, Bill, Frank, Megan, John and I to chat away the rest of the night. Around 3 Frank called the evening and goodbyes were said.
Another lovely pre-Christmas gathering with my favorite people, big and small. There are even pictures!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home