Bear Necessities

Friday, June 30, 2006

On the Road Again

Today I flew out to New Mexico to see Mom and Dad. It was a rough morning: I woke up late and left late to get to the airport, which means that instead of being 2 hours early I was 1 1/2 hours early so no threat of missing my flight really but not the way I wanted to start my trip. On my way to the airport I realized I left a bottle of milk out on the counter...That will be pleasant when I get home. Got to the airport and economy parking was full/flooded so I had to park in the short term lot and mentally prepare myself to be financially sodomized when I get my car out of hock. Wheee! As I put my credit card into the kiosk to get my e-ticket I silently prayed there would not be a problem with the name change that occurred between when I purchased the tickets and today. Happily the airport Gods smiled on me.

My luggage tried to kill me several times in both the Philadelphia and Phoenix airports.

***never fly when you have PMS...If you're lucky only the inanimate objects will be abused***

I gave in, had a little tantrum and replaced the offending luggage while in Phoenix waiting for my flight into Farmington. It wasn't pretty.

I did manage to catch up on 4 months of Smithsonian Magazine that had piled up on my coffee table. Some very interesting articles as always, and one bit I hope was a typo. They were discussing when certain southern states accepted the amendment outlawing slavery. According to this article Mississippi didn't do it until 1995...I really hope that is a typo, but with Mississippi you just never know!

Now I am safe in sound with Mom and Dad catching up on life and making plans for the weekend. I will be regaling you with tales of gem shows, horse racing and family visits as the days go on. Now I'm going to go make up the couch...Dad sold the futon I usually sleep on to make room for his new loom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home