Bear Necessities

Monday, August 28, 2006

And they say girls are complicated...

Okay, I don't want to hear any more complaints about girls being impossible to figure out...you guys out there have apparently caught up on the random curve. Here are a few examples:

1) Guy A and I break up a month ago. Three weeks ago he called to say he had great news, I sent him an instant message asking for details then called when I didn't here back. End of story, yes? We haven't talked since, didn't feel the need. Yesterday he responded to the instant message and answered the question again. Why? If he wanted to talk to me wouldn't it have made more sense to just send a new message? Now he looks like a goober.

2) Guy B was a complete ass. After a few conversations he got very pushy and I don't take well to that, so I let things fade. He popped up again very angry because I was "immature and fake". Okay, I say, then good luck to you. A few days later he's asking if I want to get together...um no, I'm immature and fake remember? That little bit of sarcasm didn't go over well. He got very threatening and verbally nasty on what was becoming a theme. I told him I was sorry if he felt that way, but he was entitled to his opinion. His response? Well, don't do it again, there are consequences...what are you doing tonight? Now I'm thinking the pot has caused brain damage. This is when I reported him to the moderator and blocked his e-mail. This was earlier in the summer.

Yesterday a text message from a familiar yet unidentified number...him. Recap: I am fake, immature and apparently a bitch, why do you want to talk to me if I am so horrible? Definitely don't get that one. Best guess is that it is some sort of macho thing that he wants to be the one to break contact...or he really is brain damaged. I asked once, but never got an answer...

I feel those are 2 shining examples of guys just being absurd. While I can guess at the motivation I don't really comprehend it. Guy A looks foolish and Guy B looks insane, I'm not sure what they thought they were going to gain.

But in all fairness I must also present one guy who didn't follow the expected pattern. Guy C was told point blank that I was getting attached and much to my surprise did not fall off the face of the earth or pretend it never happened. To his credit he is even the one who broached the subject when the opportunity came up and we managed to untangle some misconceptions. Go you Guy C! Not only did you brave the "feelings" conversation but you proved that communication can improve things! If you were here I'd buy you a beer...maybe even a Coors Lite if I could supress the shudder.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home