Bear Necessities

Friday, August 25, 2006

Signs of Aging

So today I was confronted with my adulthood. Today was triple coupon day at Giant, a cause for great excitment in my house. Yeah, it sounds sad, I know, but it really does save money-in this case about $34. Not bad. But the adult moment was while my cashier was figuring out my coupons. I actually watched as he scrolled through my purchases to find something, and noticed I'd been charged twice for something. Of course I brought it to his attention and he voided the extra sale. The oddness of the moment was watching the over rouged 60 something woman in line behind me roll her eyes as the cashier took off my coupons, and the exasperated sigh when I had him fix the overcharge. I would have expected that attitude from someone younger, not a grandmother.

But that's when it hit me, I am older, but not old. And as this woman illistrated, age and maturity do not go hand in hand. So I'd rather be a mature 32 than a childish 60 year old. But don't get me wrong, I still plan on being very silly at 60.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home