Spin
One foot in front of the other
Move forward in fits and starts
I’m dizzy with this ride
Been a long time since I’ve spun
And for fun life pulls the string,
We change direction
And I was the one worried about being able to feel
Oh I felt
It was strong-
Knocked the air from me
Pulled my legs from me
Twisted a smile from me that would not leave
You put out a hand
Stopped the spin
Spoke your mind
Warned me
We carried on
And over each other
Whispered our names
Kissed good night
Then came the fog
Descended as your words sank in
As our deeds sank in
A chorus of 4:
Heart
Mind
Logic
Other
Heart wants to feel, but not to break
Mind wants to be free, throw caution to the
wind
Logic dictates it is acceptable behavior
Other is silent, just a feeling without name
So much for sanity and logic
They took turns dancing across my soul
Tears
Doubt
Confidence
And in the center,
In a small warm place,
Certainty
Bewildered,
I sat and counted you out.
You surfaced.
I pressed on to be me
To do what I normally would
Fought down the doubt
Pushed away guessing your point of view
Or tried to
In the silence
I said god speed
You said hello
And now I have the quiet.
That other voice,
So soft yet insistent,
Is all that remains
I am certain-
Of what I don’t know.
I am happy-
With whatever this is
I am willing-
To spin with you for a bit.
Move forward in fits and starts
I’m dizzy with this ride
Been a long time since I’ve spun
And for fun life pulls the string,
We change direction
And I was the one worried about being able to feel
Oh I felt
It was strong-
Knocked the air from me
Pulled my legs from me
Twisted a smile from me that would not leave
You put out a hand
Stopped the spin
Spoke your mind
Warned me
We carried on
And over each other
Whispered our names
Kissed good night
Then came the fog
Descended as your words sank in
As our deeds sank in
A chorus of 4:
Heart
Mind
Logic
Other
Heart wants to feel, but not to break
Mind wants to be free, throw caution to the
wind
Logic dictates it is acceptable behavior
Other is silent, just a feeling without name
So much for sanity and logic
They took turns dancing across my soul
Tears
Doubt
Confidence
And in the center,
In a small warm place,
Certainty
Bewildered,
I sat and counted you out.
You surfaced.
I pressed on to be me
To do what I normally would
Fought down the doubt
Pushed away guessing your point of view
Or tried to
In the silence
I said god speed
You said hello
And now I have the quiet.
That other voice,
So soft yet insistent,
Is all that remains
I am certain-
Of what I don’t know.
I am happy-
With whatever this is
I am willing-
To spin with you for a bit.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home