Ice Cream Anyone?
It's almost 5 AM, I so should be asleep right now, but I just can't seem to get my mind to quiet down. Plus I had two cups of coffee around 1 AM. And a road trip for ice cream that turned out to be the best date I have had since...college. Wow.
So my friend from upstate texted me around 8 to tell me he was home from his date to the county fair. Sadly, it wasn't exciting. I called him and managed to taunt him into meeting me in Allentown for ice cream...it's about half way between us. So at 9:30 I hop in the car and head for the Allentown Service Plaza of the turnpike where we decided to meet. I figured the chance of both of us finding Ice Cream World since neither of us knows Allentown was pretty slim.
Happily my gamble that this was the rest stop that serviced both directions of the road worked out, and soon I spotted the jacked up jeep with music blaring. After a very strong hug and a few jokes about throwing food we hopped into my car and bravely set out in search of frozen dairy products. With only one miss-turn we found Ice Cream World right across from Dorney Park. Sadly the toll both lady had told us the park closes at 10, and as it was 10:30 all we could do was listen to the screams coming from across the street.
My partner in crime was hesitant to let me spring for the $3.00 ice cream, but after assuring him I would not expect an ice cream cone's worth of sex in return he got over it. The creamery was next to a bank, so after we were served we headed for higher ground so he could tap MAC. He gave me a hand up the hill (Monie, you'd be proud) while threatening to smoosh his cone on my nose...so I stuck my finger in my ice cream and wiped it on his nose...and ran. We finished our cones and he wondered if there were any clubs nearby, which neither of us had any clue about, but we decided to drive around a bit and see what we found.
We found a diner. Coffee and fries, and I even got to steal the pickle from his burger. Lots of talking about the past, the present and various mechanical things. His brother called wondering where he was. Once the initial confusion over who I was (not the girl from earlier) cleared up they made plans to work on his brother's jeep later--neither of these boys sleep, they work 2nd and 3rd shift. We finished cup #2 and wandered to the car, me thinking I should get him back to his jeep. Nope, he wanted to find a playground.
Don't ask me how, but I found one. I wasn't sure how I was going to find my way back from the Jewish Day School, but to be perfectly honest by this time I didn't care. There was monkey bar climbing and swinging. His brother called again ("Where are you?" "Allentown"). Some star gazing and talking about where we were in life and what we wanted...neither looking for anything serious, just new people to get to know and enjoy. Lots of hugging and back rubbing, with him lamenting the lack of music...and his brother called again. Though it was terribly hard we both managed to finally get back in the car and headed back to the turn pike.
Safely back to the rest stop, I hopped out of the car to check out some fabrication he'd done to his jeep. I have to say, it looked great. Very clean lines. He did discover why his ride was so bumpy...he broke a shock absorber off-roading earlier, but it would be okay to get him home and he had a spare there. The boy has spares for everything, I swear. I was waiting for him to just pop a new shock out of the back of the jeep.
While I was admiring the rear fender he put on some music and we ended up dancing in the parking lot. Hey, there was no one around to comment and I wouldn't have cared if there was. It was a great night, and I got in around 4. On the way home he texted me that he saw a shooting star...just cute. He got home safely and obviously so did I. Now I really need to get some sleep, I'm supposed to be at the zoo in a few hours!
So my friend from upstate texted me around 8 to tell me he was home from his date to the county fair. Sadly, it wasn't exciting. I called him and managed to taunt him into meeting me in Allentown for ice cream...it's about half way between us. So at 9:30 I hop in the car and head for the Allentown Service Plaza of the turnpike where we decided to meet. I figured the chance of both of us finding Ice Cream World since neither of us knows Allentown was pretty slim.
Happily my gamble that this was the rest stop that serviced both directions of the road worked out, and soon I spotted the jacked up jeep with music blaring. After a very strong hug and a few jokes about throwing food we hopped into my car and bravely set out in search of frozen dairy products. With only one miss-turn we found Ice Cream World right across from Dorney Park. Sadly the toll both lady had told us the park closes at 10, and as it was 10:30 all we could do was listen to the screams coming from across the street.
My partner in crime was hesitant to let me spring for the $3.00 ice cream, but after assuring him I would not expect an ice cream cone's worth of sex in return he got over it. The creamery was next to a bank, so after we were served we headed for higher ground so he could tap MAC. He gave me a hand up the hill (Monie, you'd be proud) while threatening to smoosh his cone on my nose...so I stuck my finger in my ice cream and wiped it on his nose...and ran. We finished our cones and he wondered if there were any clubs nearby, which neither of us had any clue about, but we decided to drive around a bit and see what we found.
We found a diner. Coffee and fries, and I even got to steal the pickle from his burger. Lots of talking about the past, the present and various mechanical things. His brother called wondering where he was. Once the initial confusion over who I was (not the girl from earlier) cleared up they made plans to work on his brother's jeep later--neither of these boys sleep, they work 2nd and 3rd shift. We finished cup #2 and wandered to the car, me thinking I should get him back to his jeep. Nope, he wanted to find a playground.
Don't ask me how, but I found one. I wasn't sure how I was going to find my way back from the Jewish Day School, but to be perfectly honest by this time I didn't care. There was monkey bar climbing and swinging. His brother called again ("Where are you?" "Allentown"). Some star gazing and talking about where we were in life and what we wanted...neither looking for anything serious, just new people to get to know and enjoy. Lots of hugging and back rubbing, with him lamenting the lack of music...and his brother called again. Though it was terribly hard we both managed to finally get back in the car and headed back to the turn pike.
Safely back to the rest stop, I hopped out of the car to check out some fabrication he'd done to his jeep. I have to say, it looked great. Very clean lines. He did discover why his ride was so bumpy...he broke a shock absorber off-roading earlier, but it would be okay to get him home and he had a spare there. The boy has spares for everything, I swear. I was waiting for him to just pop a new shock out of the back of the jeep.
While I was admiring the rear fender he put on some music and we ended up dancing in the parking lot. Hey, there was no one around to comment and I wouldn't have cared if there was. It was a great night, and I got in around 4. On the way home he texted me that he saw a shooting star...just cute. He got home safely and obviously so did I. Now I really need to get some sleep, I'm supposed to be at the zoo in a few hours!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home