Ducks Playing Golf
Who wants to sit inside on a Saturday night? Not I, said the little black duck, so Monie and I made plans with Clan Lester for a visit. Greg prepared a yummy build your own burrito dinner and we all got to catch up on each other's lives and be constantly entertained by Julia Rose who is now a little over a year old. After dishes were done we decided to take Julia Rose mini golfing so Aly could get a little work done...when we left she was getting herself wired on coffee.
Greg, Monie and I headed to Hilltop Mini Golf where it seemed we were the only ones who had no fear of the impending rain. Around hole 3 Greg gave up on golfing and concentrated on keeping Julia out of harms way. She made an adorable obstacle though, much more challenging than any windmill. The goal became "Hit the ball before Julia grabs it" and there was much dancing and silliness as we entertained and were entertained by the littlest golfer. No score was kept, but I think it is safe to say we were all feeling pretty good as we headed for home after ice cream.
As luck would have it I had already made plans for mini golf on Sunday before we decided on the Saturday excursion, but you can never have too much mini golf! Naturally it was raining...but my golfing companion was up for a game of Puddle Golf so we went on to splash through 18 holes, every one a water hazard...it was great. Again, just fun and easy laughter, like it should be. A nice lunch to dry off afterward and I was ready for dry clothes and a nap.
A silly and wonderful weekend.
Greg, Monie and I headed to Hilltop Mini Golf where it seemed we were the only ones who had no fear of the impending rain. Around hole 3 Greg gave up on golfing and concentrated on keeping Julia out of harms way. She made an adorable obstacle though, much more challenging than any windmill. The goal became "Hit the ball before Julia grabs it" and there was much dancing and silliness as we entertained and were entertained by the littlest golfer. No score was kept, but I think it is safe to say we were all feeling pretty good as we headed for home after ice cream.
As luck would have it I had already made plans for mini golf on Sunday before we decided on the Saturday excursion, but you can never have too much mini golf! Naturally it was raining...but my golfing companion was up for a game of Puddle Golf so we went on to splash through 18 holes, every one a water hazard...it was great. Again, just fun and easy laughter, like it should be. A nice lunch to dry off afterward and I was ready for dry clothes and a nap.
A silly and wonderful weekend.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home