Bear Necessities

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

All Creatures Great and Small

So just yesterday I was a little bummed because 3 friends of mine are having some ungoodness in life. All because of women, but all with different scenarios and one I'm pretty certain brought it on himself, but it isn't mine to judge.

Then this morning I find a little brown lump on the sidewalk. It's a baby sparrow. Tiny guy, alone on the pavement on a street full of stray cats and squirrels (and I feel squirrels can no longer be trusted). So, as today just happened to be laundry day, I scooped him up in a shirt and brought him to the office. He is currently nestled into a worn out puppet tongue on top of a water bottle. If he makes it through the day we will venture to the wildlife rehabber.

But it sort of puts things in perspective for me. No matter what happens my friends are safe, they are healthy, they have shelter and food and the love of family and friends. They will be fine with time, just sad, angry and frustrated for the moment. And if I can provide a shoulder, an ear or a tissue then I am honored to do so. I just hope I don't have to chew their food for them...I mean there are limits...I guess I'd use a blender...

hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home