Birthday Madness-Part 2
So yesterday was my actual birthday. 34 years and still going! It was quite the nice day. I woke up with my sweetie, grabbed some cardboard for recycling and headed to the office. My boss was in early and had left flowers on my desk. The day was a little nutty as Beverly is on vacation and we are finishing a project, but that just made it go quickly.
Connie came in and sang happy birthday to me, Monie texted a little later with a song as well. How cool is that? After lunch there was cake and a discussion about whether Bill liked chocolate or not...long story.
I headed home after a stop at the bank and recycling the cardboard and found Frank upstairs putting away books. He told me I had mail on the table. So in the living room I find a catalog, a Fedex envelop and a big, wrapped box. Hee hee. I told him I wasn't opening the mail until he was with me.
The Fedex envelop was little mystery, it was from a law firm...in Tennessee...ah, his mom! She sent me a note pad and a sweet card with a bit of cash to do something fun with. There was another card for both of us with a gift card to use on things for the apartment, to make it ours. How sweet.
So then it was time to open his present...I feel completely spoiled and he once again left me speechless...I now have a new laptop. I teased that I was hurting his Geek-Cred with my 10 year old Gateway with it's dead battery and replacement power cord that falls out if you touch it. Sure, it takes a half hour to boot up and sometimes you have to pop out the battery and unplug it to shut it down, but it still works right? He knew I wasn't going to replace it until it actually died, and he's right. The new one is amazing, and he gave me the install disks to change the operating system if I don't want Vista, because he is that awesome!
So after I babbled a bit we headed out to drop off laundry and get dinner. Most of his non-hanging clothes got soaked in the move. We got that settled then had dinner at Agave with was lovely. Back to throw things in the dryers and then we wandered to Cone Heads for ice cream, courtesy of his mom...hee hee.
The night ended with about 2 hours of laughter, starting with me going on about my old computer and him saying he got me a new one in self defense: He was afraid it would catch fire and kill us both...hee hee. And that got us talking about old computers and the Apple 2 I used when I worked for the hell that was Berkeley. Then I was just ranting about the stupidity of that job until we were both in tears.
All in all, 33 ended fantastically and 34 has begun with love and laughter. I'm a very lucky girl.
Connie came in and sang happy birthday to me, Monie texted a little later with a song as well. How cool is that? After lunch there was cake and a discussion about whether Bill liked chocolate or not...long story.
I headed home after a stop at the bank and recycling the cardboard and found Frank upstairs putting away books. He told me I had mail on the table. So in the living room I find a catalog, a Fedex envelop and a big, wrapped box. Hee hee. I told him I wasn't opening the mail until he was with me.
The Fedex envelop was little mystery, it was from a law firm...in Tennessee...ah, his mom! She sent me a note pad and a sweet card with a bit of cash to do something fun with. There was another card for both of us with a gift card to use on things for the apartment, to make it ours. How sweet.
So then it was time to open his present...I feel completely spoiled and he once again left me speechless...I now have a new laptop. I teased that I was hurting his Geek-Cred with my 10 year old Gateway with it's dead battery and replacement power cord that falls out if you touch it. Sure, it takes a half hour to boot up and sometimes you have to pop out the battery and unplug it to shut it down, but it still works right? He knew I wasn't going to replace it until it actually died, and he's right. The new one is amazing, and he gave me the install disks to change the operating system if I don't want Vista, because he is that awesome!
So after I babbled a bit we headed out to drop off laundry and get dinner. Most of his non-hanging clothes got soaked in the move. We got that settled then had dinner at Agave with was lovely. Back to throw things in the dryers and then we wandered to Cone Heads for ice cream, courtesy of his mom...hee hee.
The night ended with about 2 hours of laughter, starting with me going on about my old computer and him saying he got me a new one in self defense: He was afraid it would catch fire and kill us both...hee hee. And that got us talking about old computers and the Apple 2 I used when I worked for the hell that was Berkeley. Then I was just ranting about the stupidity of that job until we were both in tears.
All in all, 33 ended fantastically and 34 has begun with love and laughter. I'm a very lucky girl.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home