Bear Necessities

Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Whizzz!

Life has been good and busy lately, emphasis on "good".

In fortunately/unfortunately news Frank is not buying the condo. The fortunately part is that he's moving in with me! Very happy about this. I get to torment him at my leisure now! Hee hee.

The sad part is that my sweet not-so-little Callie is in need of a home. Frank is crazy allergic to her and they just can't live together. I feel bad about having to make the choice, but not about the choice itself. I love her and she's great, but I love him more...plus he doesn't shed as much. PJ the wonder pig has been trying to fill in the gaps for me. I've been getting the apartment ready for "shacking up" (as Mom puts it) so Callie has been staying at Connie's wayward home for animals in the guest room. More on that little adventure later. Anyhow, I've grown used to having to body block the door when I come home from work and it's been weird not to have her there the past few days. In an effort to make me feel better PJ has been happily peeping away when I open the door. I can't be sure, but he may be happy she's gone.

The days since Friday have been filled with moving furniture, cleaning and fighting with the bathroom. The slow drain in the tub came to a stop and the the sink joined in the fun so the plumber came out yesterday. Oh what fun yesterday was! The plan was for me to leave work at 9 to meet the plumber then come back. What actually happened was I ended up leaving at 8:30 for the doctor, being rushed to a hand specialist, coming home at noon to find the plumber hadn't come, my landlady yelling at the plumber, him coming at 12:30, fixing the sink but being unable to fix the tub. We needed a specialist. So he was going to call my landlady and I went back to work, where I arrived at 2:00.

I was there half an hour when she called saying it was raining downstairs. It seems in his effort to unclog the tub he poked a hole in a pipe. So the tub drained...into the downstairs kitchen. Not good. She is, in theory, coming with a "real" plumber today and getting things sorted out.

The rest of the day was happily uneventful. I got home, finished shuffling clothes then went to Connie's to visit Callie, who was in a much better mood...and get a shower.

And that is the adventure so far!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home