Bear Necessities

Monday, January 12, 2009

Busy Busy Busy

It was a busy but very lovely weekend. Friday I actually had to work for a change (but hey, it all go toward Burning Man so I have no complaints). After work and a nice soak in the tub I fought the urge to nap on the couch and instead played with Magellan until Frank came home. We grabbed a bite to eat, hit the grocery store and then settled in to watch Family Man's "Blue Harvest". Somehow it just doesn't get old.

Saturday was date day, yay! It was also Baby Day. I got a text at 5:22 AM that our friend Megan had gone into labor. 12 hours later she had a 9 lb bouncing baby girl named Kaia Anahata Petigara. As I headed into the library to tell Frank she was in labor he excitedly told me his sister Betsy had finally had baby Jonah! With all this babiness happening I felt it would be wise to check in on Clan Reisse. Chuck was a little confused when I asked if Julie was in labor, and asked her. She said no, why and I let him know that everyone else was doing it, perhaps she wanted to be a joiner? Nope, she's an individual, so we are still waiting on baby Molly. More on the Year of the Baby next post.

But after all that news Frank and I headed out for some food and shopping before going to a movie. We saw Grand Torino which I highly recommend. It is a truly great movie.

Sunday I headed over to Connie's to help clean out her basement. We got something like 12 bags of trash out of it...and that was just one area out of 3. This weekend will be tackling the workshop I believe. We did find a weeble-wobble and I came away with an original Connie P. tea lite holder. Very cool. My favorite moment was picking up a plaque in the office area and knocking the mouse poo off it only to walk into another part of the basement and find a dead mouse.

"That isn't a cat toy, is it?" I said.
"Not any more" Connie replied with a heavy sigh.
"Well, at least we can be sure it was a mouse that did all the pooping." And then we scooped it into a trash bag.

What wonders will next weekend hold!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home