Bear Necessities

Sunday, January 09, 2011

Bachelor #3: Fatty Boom Batty

Or Spot.  Or Spike.  We called him Boomer.  He is a 5 year old Dalmatian/Lab mix.  When we first met Boomer at our house he wouldn't stop barking!  It was the "okay, I want to go home" bark.  He even stuck his nose in his foster dad's pocket to get his leash!  Still, there was something about Boomer and his polkadot ears that made me want to see him again.  This time we went over to his foster parents' place and he was such a love!  He was all tummy rubs and kisses and we fell in love.  Boomer came to live with us on December 30th.

Getting Boomer was an adventure.  First we went to the wrong place in South Philly only to find we should have been in the Northeast.  So we went back to Roosevelt Blvd and had to rely on Frank's memories from his adolescence to navigate because his phone had died.  Almost 2 hours after we were supposed to meet Boomer's fosters we finally arrived. I'm a big believer in if the universe makes something silly hard it's trying to tell you not to do it...but I didn't listen very well.

On December 31st I woke up coughing, sneezing and itching.  Through some calls to the doctor and our vet we learned that Dalmatian's have interesting hair.  They shed more than most dogs and the hair is barbed so it sticks more too.  And because of this people who have seasonal allergies tend to be allergic to them.  I have hay fever, guess what that meant?  Yup, with many tears, Boomer went back to his foster parents.  He is very loved there and will likely be adopted by them if things don't work out with the family he is supposed to meet next, though they sound. pretty cool.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home