Bear Necessities

Sunday, July 23, 2006

Who Says...

Who says you can't go back? Obviously not the person who said, "The more things change the more they stay the same." This weekend I saw someone I dated when I was 15...he thinks I'm really in tune with him. Actually, he hasn't changed fundamentally since we last saw each other so really I'm just following the pattern.

The difference between now and then? Now I know what's coming next and find I can just let it wash over me without causing panic, like the "I love you." There was I time I would feel awkwardly obligated to say it back. Now I can say thank you, appreciate the feeling and acknowledge it, but let him know since it's only been 2 days I'm not in the same place. If my timeline is correct I can expect a marriage proposal within a month...that one will be a bit more tricky.

In my To Do List of Life I have checked off Marriage (done that) and have put a big old N/A in the children column. I enjoy playing with my friends' kids, they are fantastic! The best part is that I am not responsible for raising them into kind and successful adults. I was on the fence about it for a while there, but I fell on the "just stay Auntie Liz" side. It works for me. I mention this only because I know my new/old friend is looking for marriage and children to be in his future. And yes, I've mentioned my feelings. Whether or not he chooses to hear what I've said is up to him.

The nice thing is that whether good or bad, he is a known quantity. I am comfortable and secure with him, and perhaps that is just what I need right now. Belt yourselves in kids...this may become a new Greek Myth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home