Bear Necessities

Thursday, July 13, 2006

Ha Ha Very Funny

I find that life tends to be on the humorous side for me, especially when it comes to dating. Yes, I've had the date who talked about his Dungeons and Dragons character for 2 hours, the ones that wouldn't talk at all, and the ones who turned out to be cleverly disguised octopi and I've taken it in stride. Don't get me wrong, there have been some wonderful guys as well, but those stories aren't as fun to tell. Anyhow, I have long said that my personal dating low was about 6 years ago when I'd decided I needed to get out and a friend was heading to Sisters so I went along. So I found myself sitting in a gay dance club in Philly and taking a long look in the mirror behind the bar. Here is what went through my mind: "I'm not gay, but here I am sitting at a gay bar. Not only that, my ex-boyfriend is sitting next to me whining because he hurt his knee dancing..." and that is when the transvestite at the end of the bar sent me a drink. I've always thought it couldn't get stranger than that...as all too often happens, I was wrong.

I decided that since I tend to hang out with married people and not where one might meet a nice single guy that I'd try one of the new match sites-no not Myspace! After answering a million and one questions from my height to whether I prefer croutons or bacon bits on my salad my little profile was up and running...and they sent me a few people that we interested in me. Cool enough, until I realized they'd matched me up with a guy I'd dated when I was 15. I don't think he realizes we already know each other and it's like a traffic accident! I so want to say "hey, remember your really horrible prom?" but I have resisted.

All this was just too funny to keep to myself last night, so instead of finding an alternate to seeing The Omen, Chuck and I headed to the bar around the corner from my apartment. He regaled me with tales of his wife and daughter and I almost made a martini come out his nose with the latest Dating Tales of Terror. It was a good night full of laughter with a good friend, so no complaints from me!

1 Comments:

  • At 10:52 AM, Blogger Monika Kruemmling said…

    holy cow, the Suicide by Diet Pepsi Boy???? really? it's true, life is a crazy thing.

    as for the trannies, don't knock 'em til you've tried 'em. ;)

    I'm going to a Wine Bar this evening after soccer if you'd care to join me... probably no trannies there, but you can make do with run-of-the-mill straight folk, I guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home