Duck Duck Goose
Last night was one of my best in a long time. I popped over to a friend's to check on her cats while she's traveling. Didn't see the cats but some of the food was gone so I trust they are okay. I filled food and water bowls then headed over to Lydia's for an evening with the family and a tour of the new house.
The house is beautiful! And so perfect for them. There is room for the kids to play and grow, and room for Mommy and Daddy to hide if they need to, not to mention room for Auntie Liz to crash! I never realized how cramped the old house was. It was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but this reminds me of repotting a plant, the roots can spread out and it will be healthier in the long run.
After the tour Lydia and I got some much needed girl time on the front porch as Ralph entertained the kids and made dinner. Zoe joined us to catch fireflies (which Mommy kindly released after the kids went inside). Then as promised there were some awesome turns of Duck Duck Goose with slightly altered rules. As Jack cased me through the kitchen for the second time, Ralph unwittingly put up a road block by opening the refrigerator door. I think I scared both of us as I skidded to a stop and deftly avoided be tagged to take Jack's spot on the living room rug. It was way too much fun. Kids have a way of reminding you just how simple happiness can be. Good thing I have this guys around!
It was soon bath time so I promised to have another play date soon (with both Mommy and the kids) and headed home. I had some quality piggy time as I cleaned PJ's cage and gave him a little ear massage. Guinea pigs are so easy to please. Sadly my oldest bunny Jewel has come down with a cold so I consulted my bunny guru Kerry and started her on her meds. She's such a patient girl, takes the needle like a pro. With luck she will be snot free in 2 weeks.
Then a little catching up with a friend and I once again found myself getting to bed after 1AM. I seem to be getting better sleep, if less of it, so no complaints.
Joke for the day:
Did you hear about the dwarf fortune teller who robbed the bank? The headline in next the day's newspaper read: "Small medium at large"
The house is beautiful! And so perfect for them. There is room for the kids to play and grow, and room for Mommy and Daddy to hide if they need to, not to mention room for Auntie Liz to crash! I never realized how cramped the old house was. It was beautiful, don't get me wrong, but this reminds me of repotting a plant, the roots can spread out and it will be healthier in the long run.
After the tour Lydia and I got some much needed girl time on the front porch as Ralph entertained the kids and made dinner. Zoe joined us to catch fireflies (which Mommy kindly released after the kids went inside). Then as promised there were some awesome turns of Duck Duck Goose with slightly altered rules. As Jack cased me through the kitchen for the second time, Ralph unwittingly put up a road block by opening the refrigerator door. I think I scared both of us as I skidded to a stop and deftly avoided be tagged to take Jack's spot on the living room rug. It was way too much fun. Kids have a way of reminding you just how simple happiness can be. Good thing I have this guys around!
It was soon bath time so I promised to have another play date soon (with both Mommy and the kids) and headed home. I had some quality piggy time as I cleaned PJ's cage and gave him a little ear massage. Guinea pigs are so easy to please. Sadly my oldest bunny Jewel has come down with a cold so I consulted my bunny guru Kerry and started her on her meds. She's such a patient girl, takes the needle like a pro. With luck she will be snot free in 2 weeks.
Then a little catching up with a friend and I once again found myself getting to bed after 1AM. I seem to be getting better sleep, if less of it, so no complaints.
Joke for the day:
Did you hear about the dwarf fortune teller who robbed the bank? The headline in next the day's newspaper read: "Small medium at large"

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home