Politics Once Again Provides A Great Sound Bite
Senator Robert Menendez (D, NJ) had this to say about his opponent Tom Kean Jr. who has been one of many voices criticizing his ethics:
"If you are going to hold yourself up on a white stallion, then you'd better be riding a while stallion, not a gray Shetland pony. And I believe Tom Kean Jr., at best, is riding a gray Shetland pony..."
Am I the only one that can see this coming out of Bob Dole? I just love the image of a grown man in an oh so serious suit astride a pony. Or maybe it is the Don Quixote-esqu delusion that it is actually a horse, which would leave Kean in need of a Sancho Panza.
I like that...I think all politicians should have ponies and sidekicks with that put upon look. Who knows, it might keep them out of trouble.
"If you are going to hold yourself up on a white stallion, then you'd better be riding a while stallion, not a gray Shetland pony. And I believe Tom Kean Jr., at best, is riding a gray Shetland pony..."
Am I the only one that can see this coming out of Bob Dole? I just love the image of a grown man in an oh so serious suit astride a pony. Or maybe it is the Don Quixote-esqu delusion that it is actually a horse, which would leave Kean in need of a Sancho Panza.
I like that...I think all politicians should have ponies and sidekicks with that put upon look. Who knows, it might keep them out of trouble.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home