Update
Okay, so they let me go Monday (December 5) and I was released into Lydia's care. Lydia, Ralph and the kids took very good care of me for the week. Tuesday was the triumph of making my own lunch (spaghettios) and finally getting to wash my hair! It may not sound like much, but it made me feel human again.
By Wednesday I was hobbling around with the walker pretty well and I convinced Lydia to take me to work. It was good to get out and to get through the mountain of paper on my desk! By one I was pretty tired, so Connie took me back to Lydia's. I said hi to Ralph and promptly passed out until around 7.
Thursday I decided to rest and see what damage had been done during the previous day. Happily not much. Lydia was a trouper and took off my bandage...okay that was gross. We put a new one on. Thursday night Ralph and Lydia were going out so I talked Monie into a movie. We saw "For your Consideration"-not so good. When we left the theater it was snowing, if briefly.
Ralph suggested to Lydia that they offer their house for my Christmas party, and I gladly took them up on it. Happily the date change didn't mess anyone up.
I had every intention of going to work on Friday, but the wind was howling and the bed was warm...and I did have a hole in my back...so I decided to stay home. With Lydia spotting me I managed to walk a few steps and moved from the walker to crutches. Saturday Greg and Julia Rose came by and took me grocery shopping. I made my first attempt at the stairs to my apartment and though exhausting, it was doable. We stocked the place for the following week then headed to Jill and Dan's to check on Kitten. Then back to chez Hoag.
Sunday afternoon Ralph, Lydia and the kids moved me back to my place. I realized everything when to hell while I was in the middle of Christmas decorating. I decided to just take down what I'd managed to get up. I tidied up a bit, then Connie and Andy came by for pizza and to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. It was a good if tiring day.
By Wednesday I was hobbling around with the walker pretty well and I convinced Lydia to take me to work. It was good to get out and to get through the mountain of paper on my desk! By one I was pretty tired, so Connie took me back to Lydia's. I said hi to Ralph and promptly passed out until around 7.
Thursday I decided to rest and see what damage had been done during the previous day. Happily not much. Lydia was a trouper and took off my bandage...okay that was gross. We put a new one on. Thursday night Ralph and Lydia were going out so I talked Monie into a movie. We saw "For your Consideration"-not so good. When we left the theater it was snowing, if briefly.
Ralph suggested to Lydia that they offer their house for my Christmas party, and I gladly took them up on it. Happily the date change didn't mess anyone up.
I had every intention of going to work on Friday, but the wind was howling and the bed was warm...and I did have a hole in my back...so I decided to stay home. With Lydia spotting me I managed to walk a few steps and moved from the walker to crutches. Saturday Greg and Julia Rose came by and took me grocery shopping. I made my first attempt at the stairs to my apartment and though exhausting, it was doable. We stocked the place for the following week then headed to Jill and Dan's to check on Kitten. Then back to chez Hoag.
Sunday afternoon Ralph, Lydia and the kids moved me back to my place. I realized everything when to hell while I was in the middle of Christmas decorating. I decided to just take down what I'd managed to get up. I tidied up a bit, then Connie and Andy came by for pizza and to make sure I wasn't doing anything stupid. It was a good if tiring day.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home