Bear Necessities

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Just a Flesh Wound

My near pneumonia cleared up nicely and Thanksgiving with Lydia and her family was great. Zoe came running by, and I, forgetting she’s gotten bigger, scooped her up and swung her around. Friday morning my hip was killing me and I chalked it up to out of shape, but had to cancel on Don for the concert that night when the hip and coughing proved too mucg. There was just no way I could take the car ride to AC and then do standing for the concert. Saturday I forced myself to the Rabbit Habit to clean with Lynn. I really shouldn’t have. After throwing up about 30 minutes in I rallied and made it through the shift, even lugging a bail of hay up the steps. Dumb. Saturday was the last day of my steroid.

Sunday night the real pain hit. Both hips and lower back. I couldn’t find a comfortable position and I think I passed out from the pain more than fell asleep for 2 hours. I even tried sleeping pills, nothing. Monday I stretched things out, was careful with my lifting and took a leisurely walk to work things out. This really seemed to help. Early bedtime, and lots of pain. Codeine didn’t even help. Tuesday same thing, nice walk with Jill, stretched out at home, early bedtime….and pain so bad I wanted to end it all….or kill the next person I saw.

I got an appointment with the nurse practitioner Wednesday morning. She gave me mega doses of Advil and a prescription for a muscle relaxant, Flexoril, and sent me for x-rays. Then I was back to work. The Advil let me get around, but after 10 minutes on my feet my butt and the back of my thighs would fall asleep. I’d sit for a bit and it would pass, so I just took it easy. Wednesday night was bad, for I had a reaction to the Flexoril. Agitated and pacing while in amazing pain. Took Thursday off and called the NP back. She prescribed bed rest and another relaxant, which Connie was nice enough to pick it up for me. It did nothing, but Monie was a sweetie and came over to watch a movie with me. Of course I had a dinner date that night which I had to call and cancel because I was broken. Felt so stupid, but he was very sweet about it.

I went to bed hoping for a miracle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home