Please Let me Go!
Monday. This morning Megan took over and I got the sad news I may have to stay over again to finish up my antibiotics. She said it looked like they would be done around 5, so she’s pushing for me to be released after that. I hope so! I am soooo bored! I took a hobble around my room in the walker, did a dumb move but managed not to fall and I don’t think I hurt anything. I did get to stand and clean myself up which was so nice. I made a pre-lunch potty run and used the actual potty I am pleased to report, though disturbed by how much of my recovery I am judging my the use of the bathroom.
I called work a little before 9 and spoke with Ardia. She was very positive and I think everything is under control for a few days. Apparently her trainer had heart surgery over the weekend and Ardia is wondering who will be the third to fall down. Connie called around 1 to check on me and it seems Ana’s husband was #3. He got a nosebleed that wouldn’t stop so they too are in the hospital. Too much fun. But it seems work is moving along. Bill was surprised to hear of my hospitalization, but not of how I did it and told Connie how I broke a toe on his steel toed boots before a show. “When she does a thing…” is becoming my motto.
I am still waiting to see if I get to leave tonight. Jill is cleaning the bunnies and the kitty litter…wow I owe her. Lydia is heading to the hospital after a conference at Zoe’s school. Jill called to play me my message, Dr. Resnick’s office called to give me the referral number for my MRI. Just a little behind, that’s all. I’ll give them a jingle tomorrow and fill them in.
A Michael Godwin came by to fit me for my back brace (another fun surprise). He actually had one that fit me. Now I’m just waiting to see if they will outfit me with a walker before I leave. Aly and I are going to put a horn on it!
It’s about 4 PM now, I should have my last infusion in half an hour. Megan, my advocate nurse, is switching floors sadly, but has left word that ortho needs to evaluate me after the infusion and she thinks I should get to go home. In theory a social worker will need to talk to me before I go as well.
Unfortunately I have no news on improvement of my right leg control, though I take the tiring of my foot muscle as a good sign, even though I haven’t gotten it to really move. Baby steps.
I called work a little before 9 and spoke with Ardia. She was very positive and I think everything is under control for a few days. Apparently her trainer had heart surgery over the weekend and Ardia is wondering who will be the third to fall down. Connie called around 1 to check on me and it seems Ana’s husband was #3. He got a nosebleed that wouldn’t stop so they too are in the hospital. Too much fun. But it seems work is moving along. Bill was surprised to hear of my hospitalization, but not of how I did it and told Connie how I broke a toe on his steel toed boots before a show. “When she does a thing…” is becoming my motto.
I am still waiting to see if I get to leave tonight. Jill is cleaning the bunnies and the kitty litter…wow I owe her. Lydia is heading to the hospital after a conference at Zoe’s school. Jill called to play me my message, Dr. Resnick’s office called to give me the referral number for my MRI. Just a little behind, that’s all. I’ll give them a jingle tomorrow and fill them in.
A Michael Godwin came by to fit me for my back brace (another fun surprise). He actually had one that fit me. Now I’m just waiting to see if they will outfit me with a walker before I leave. Aly and I are going to put a horn on it!
It’s about 4 PM now, I should have my last infusion in half an hour. Megan, my advocate nurse, is switching floors sadly, but has left word that ortho needs to evaluate me after the infusion and she thinks I should get to go home. In theory a social worker will need to talk to me before I go as well.
Unfortunately I have no news on improvement of my right leg control, though I take the tiring of my foot muscle as a good sign, even though I haven’t gotten it to really move. Baby steps.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home