Boys!
Okay, once again I have to say boys are silly creatures. I had a little fling with a guy from northern PA in August, we've been in touch off and on, but he wanted to have fun and I wanted something more serious so we lapsed into that friend space. After I was in the hospital the second time he seemed to fall of the face of the earth (e-mail gone, phone gone). He's a bit of a free spirit so I wasn't overly surprised, though I was slightly concerned because I knew he had had a court date in that time (never run from a state trooper, especially not on an ATV...that's just dumb). Well, turns out he lost his phone and the e-mail account got a virus. I know this because he tracked me down this week.
Like I said, he's a nice enough guy, a bit of a male whore but he's honest about it and is really just grabbing fun as he can. He's one of those guys who refuses to make plans, you know the type. So as you know my life has been going full speed so I'm out and about a lot and have grown to hate my cell because it is rarely someone I want to talk to-usually drs appointment reminders, lab results and the occasional whiny voice mail from the a-hole who I told off last week. Anyhow, my friend started calling again, filling me in on life, me filling him in on mine. All good. Then Thursday he sent a text, asking how I was. I was in a great mood so I wrote back "Kicking ass and taking names." His reply? "OK." End of conversation.
Friday he calls while I'm in the middle of something so I didn't answer. He didn't leave a message so I figured it wasn't important. I finish my running around, get the place ready for company and collapse into bed around 10. My phone starts buzzing. I roll over, it's a message from Connie, her car is fixed. Yea! Back to sleep. Buzzing again. I ignore it, it can wait. More buzzing...and more buzzing. So I groggily roll over to see that my friend has sent me the "I guess you must be pissed at me" message. Great. The other messages were from a sad little man I'd dated a year ago. He's figured out how to text from Yahoo. Great. No, I don't want to watch him play with himself on his web cam. Ug. I can ignore him, but I hate misunderstandings so I call my friend back.
He thought my Thursday text meant there was a problem, so I straightened that out and told him he should know me better than that. Then there was the "But you didn't call me back" comment which I countered with the "Well you didn't leave a message" argument. After all that we exchanged weekend plans, he made noises about coming out to visit and I told him I was busy. He's not too familiar with the concept of dating and not sleeping around so there was some conversation on the differences between us.
So there you have it, I'm dating a nice, sane, sweet guy and now the "bad boys" I've run around with in the past have decided to pop up. And get more persistant the less I pay attention to them. I find it funny that some guys only want what is not available. They are such silly creatures. One more and we'll cover all the guys I was interested in over the past year and a half.
Like I said, he's a nice enough guy, a bit of a male whore but he's honest about it and is really just grabbing fun as he can. He's one of those guys who refuses to make plans, you know the type. So as you know my life has been going full speed so I'm out and about a lot and have grown to hate my cell because it is rarely someone I want to talk to-usually drs appointment reminders, lab results and the occasional whiny voice mail from the a-hole who I told off last week. Anyhow, my friend started calling again, filling me in on life, me filling him in on mine. All good. Then Thursday he sent a text, asking how I was. I was in a great mood so I wrote back "Kicking ass and taking names." His reply? "OK." End of conversation.
Friday he calls while I'm in the middle of something so I didn't answer. He didn't leave a message so I figured it wasn't important. I finish my running around, get the place ready for company and collapse into bed around 10. My phone starts buzzing. I roll over, it's a message from Connie, her car is fixed. Yea! Back to sleep. Buzzing again. I ignore it, it can wait. More buzzing...and more buzzing. So I groggily roll over to see that my friend has sent me the "I guess you must be pissed at me" message. Great. The other messages were from a sad little man I'd dated a year ago. He's figured out how to text from Yahoo. Great. No, I don't want to watch him play with himself on his web cam. Ug. I can ignore him, but I hate misunderstandings so I call my friend back.
He thought my Thursday text meant there was a problem, so I straightened that out and told him he should know me better than that. Then there was the "But you didn't call me back" comment which I countered with the "Well you didn't leave a message" argument. After all that we exchanged weekend plans, he made noises about coming out to visit and I told him I was busy. He's not too familiar with the concept of dating and not sleeping around so there was some conversation on the differences between us.
So there you have it, I'm dating a nice, sane, sweet guy and now the "bad boys" I've run around with in the past have decided to pop up. And get more persistant the less I pay attention to them. I find it funny that some guys only want what is not available. They are such silly creatures. One more and we'll cover all the guys I was interested in over the past year and a half.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home