Easy Days
Sometimes you want to be busy, and sometimes you want to just putter around in your own space. And sometimes you strike a nice balance, and that was this weekend for me.
Monie was sweet and went to Petsmart with me on Friday, providing good company and muscle. What would I do without her? After feeding the Monie and picking up supplies for the critters we headed back to my place for cocoa and catching up on her Whistler adventures.
Saturday was mostly sleeping, not that it was the original plan. I slept in, then went over bills as I had breakfast. Not the best thing for digestion, but it needed to be done. Dan and Jill are borrowing my old car this week so I decided to see if she still runs, and if so to get her some gas. She did, so we were off to the gas station around the corner. I put the gas cap on the trunk like I always do, and then there was a really strong gust of wind...and the cap rolled off the trunk and across Rt. 309. I elected not to go after it. Now each time I drive by it taunts me.
After that little adventure I decided I was healed up enough from surgery to have a nice hot bath. It was just lovely. Once I wrinkled up and got out of the bath I laid down on the bed with Callie for just a moment...and woke up 4 hours later. There goes the day! I quickly got ready to head to Greg and Aly's and was out the door.
Jill and Dan were actually around and free on Saturday so they joined us for A Fish Called Wanda, though I admit we spent more time with Julia. She's getting close to being a little person instead of a baby, but she's still amazingly cute. And she's getting quite the impressive vocabulary.
Sunday had a nice quiet start, puttering around the apartment and getting ready for a lunch date. Nothing extravagant, just a late lunch followed by curling up on the couch to watch a movie, but it was just perfect, and just what I've been wanting to do for months. Sometimes the little things mean the most. The best part? I didn't have to ask, it's just how the day turned out. I don't need a mind reader, but it is nice to be on the same page now and again. It's been a very long time since I've run into someone who seems to have the same intrinsic sweetness and capacity for caring that my close friends do. A little like finding a diamond. I'm finding it quite fascinating.
Monie was sweet and went to Petsmart with me on Friday, providing good company and muscle. What would I do without her? After feeding the Monie and picking up supplies for the critters we headed back to my place for cocoa and catching up on her Whistler adventures.
Saturday was mostly sleeping, not that it was the original plan. I slept in, then went over bills as I had breakfast. Not the best thing for digestion, but it needed to be done. Dan and Jill are borrowing my old car this week so I decided to see if she still runs, and if so to get her some gas. She did, so we were off to the gas station around the corner. I put the gas cap on the trunk like I always do, and then there was a really strong gust of wind...and the cap rolled off the trunk and across Rt. 309. I elected not to go after it. Now each time I drive by it taunts me.
After that little adventure I decided I was healed up enough from surgery to have a nice hot bath. It was just lovely. Once I wrinkled up and got out of the bath I laid down on the bed with Callie for just a moment...and woke up 4 hours later. There goes the day! I quickly got ready to head to Greg and Aly's and was out the door.
Jill and Dan were actually around and free on Saturday so they joined us for A Fish Called Wanda, though I admit we spent more time with Julia. She's getting close to being a little person instead of a baby, but she's still amazingly cute. And she's getting quite the impressive vocabulary.
Sunday had a nice quiet start, puttering around the apartment and getting ready for a lunch date. Nothing extravagant, just a late lunch followed by curling up on the couch to watch a movie, but it was just perfect, and just what I've been wanting to do for months. Sometimes the little things mean the most. The best part? I didn't have to ask, it's just how the day turned out. I don't need a mind reader, but it is nice to be on the same page now and again. It's been a very long time since I've run into someone who seems to have the same intrinsic sweetness and capacity for caring that my close friends do. A little like finding a diamond. I'm finding it quite fascinating.

1 Comments:
At 3:58 PM,
Anonymous said…
I'm glad your Sunday went well! You deserve it.
Post a Comment
<< Home