Happy Things
This week has been quite nutty. What I didn't mention was that Monday's physical therapy was terrible. We tried some new things and now I know just which muscles are still very weak. It was the first time I got really discouraged about walking normally again.
I got home and had a lot to do so I threw myself into it, still feeling very down. Then in the middle of cleaning my kitchen floor I got a call from T (I'm going to go out on a limb and call him a boyfriend, though at 32 I feel rather silly using that word). It cheered me up, mostly because I had been thinking of calling to mope a little but decided against it because we really haven't gotten to that level of dating yet. Instead he asked me how I was, and how therapy went. He's great like that.
So after Monday was Tuesday, making dinner for friends, then Wednesday dropping Connie at the care rental place (her car could have it's own blog) and then meeting S for dinner. On the way home Wednesday T called my cell because he'd been trying to get in touch with me about weekend plans then got worried when it was 9 and I hadn't called...because I do have a history of breaking (he was the one who called as I was heading out the door to the emergency room the first time in December, I think he's got a legitimate reason to worry at times). We solidified our plans and then I fell into bed.
Thursday was a marathon. I had blood work in the morning then back to work, then I ran from work to PT. This was so much more positive than Monday. The strength in the extensor muscles of my legs is great now and I can even go up on my right toes a little. Very encouraging. The new exercised they wanted me to try turned out to be something I've been doing in yoga, so we had a laugh about that and my unwillingness to do "Downward Facing Dog" at the present moment. I am happy to report that I only have to go to PT once a week now.
From PT I bolted to Weight Watchers where I knew I wouldn't be crying over the weigh in because I hopped on the scale at the doctors. I am thrilled to report that I lost 8 lbs (thank you physical therapy and J) and that my WW buddy lost a nice amount as well. I also learned that my sneakers weigh 2 lbs. Who knew?
I had every intention of going to the grocery store afterwards, but I wiped out. There is only so much steam this chick has in a day, and I was well passed empty by 8 o'clock.
Today has been tweaking computer programs and playing "Why does the washing machine think it's a sprinkler." My life is odd, but entertaining.
So tonight is groceries and cleaning up the apartment since I'll have company tomorrow. Yes, I'm cooking for T and it's a new recipe...this could be another adventure.
I got home and had a lot to do so I threw myself into it, still feeling very down. Then in the middle of cleaning my kitchen floor I got a call from T (I'm going to go out on a limb and call him a boyfriend, though at 32 I feel rather silly using that word). It cheered me up, mostly because I had been thinking of calling to mope a little but decided against it because we really haven't gotten to that level of dating yet. Instead he asked me how I was, and how therapy went. He's great like that.
So after Monday was Tuesday, making dinner for friends, then Wednesday dropping Connie at the care rental place (her car could have it's own blog) and then meeting S for dinner. On the way home Wednesday T called my cell because he'd been trying to get in touch with me about weekend plans then got worried when it was 9 and I hadn't called...because I do have a history of breaking (he was the one who called as I was heading out the door to the emergency room the first time in December, I think he's got a legitimate reason to worry at times). We solidified our plans and then I fell into bed.
Thursday was a marathon. I had blood work in the morning then back to work, then I ran from work to PT. This was so much more positive than Monday. The strength in the extensor muscles of my legs is great now and I can even go up on my right toes a little. Very encouraging. The new exercised they wanted me to try turned out to be something I've been doing in yoga, so we had a laugh about that and my unwillingness to do "Downward Facing Dog" at the present moment. I am happy to report that I only have to go to PT once a week now.
From PT I bolted to Weight Watchers where I knew I wouldn't be crying over the weigh in because I hopped on the scale at the doctors. I am thrilled to report that I lost 8 lbs (thank you physical therapy and J) and that my WW buddy lost a nice amount as well. I also learned that my sneakers weigh 2 lbs. Who knew?
I had every intention of going to the grocery store afterwards, but I wiped out. There is only so much steam this chick has in a day, and I was well passed empty by 8 o'clock.
Today has been tweaking computer programs and playing "Why does the washing machine think it's a sprinkler." My life is odd, but entertaining.
So tonight is groceries and cleaning up the apartment since I'll have company tomorrow. Yes, I'm cooking for T and it's a new recipe...this could be another adventure.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home