Frustration
I hate QuickBooks Pro 2007. I have been fighting with it since last week. I have never called tech support so much on one product. In fact, Ardia and Beverly have even gotten to call. Grrrr...
First Beverly's computer needed an operating system upgrade. Fine, did that. Then I had to wrestle with her virus protection program. Got that fixed. Then her UPS software was being a problem. Fixed that.
Then the QB program has had some changes that won't let us create work orders and packing slips the way we need to. Tech support says "download this patch." I run around like Wee Willy Winky updating the 3 computers that run the program.
Still doesn't work.
Ardia's turn. She talks to tech support who tell her she needs to click this certain feature in preferences. She can't find the box in question. She calls me into her office. Why no, I can't find it either. It isn't a big screen, we aren't missing it. It isn't there! Tech support thinks we are retarded and refuses to believe us. We take a picture of the screen and e-mail it to this person. We never hear back from them.
Ardia calls back and speaks to someone else who says no, the other tech must have been thinking we had Premier (even though I heard Ardia specifically say no we didn't) and that feature isn't available in Pro. He tells us how to get around a save feature and do what we need to do. This is getting more complicated by the day.
Now we can use QB to ship things with UPS. We already have the account, we've just used the UPS software up to now. And of course this is making more fun than we really want. Sigh.
It is times like this that I miss just writing stuff out.
First Beverly's computer needed an operating system upgrade. Fine, did that. Then I had to wrestle with her virus protection program. Got that fixed. Then her UPS software was being a problem. Fixed that.
Then the QB program has had some changes that won't let us create work orders and packing slips the way we need to. Tech support says "download this patch." I run around like Wee Willy Winky updating the 3 computers that run the program.
Still doesn't work.
Ardia's turn. She talks to tech support who tell her she needs to click this certain feature in preferences. She can't find the box in question. She calls me into her office. Why no, I can't find it either. It isn't a big screen, we aren't missing it. It isn't there! Tech support thinks we are retarded and refuses to believe us. We take a picture of the screen and e-mail it to this person. We never hear back from them.
Ardia calls back and speaks to someone else who says no, the other tech must have been thinking we had Premier (even though I heard Ardia specifically say no we didn't) and that feature isn't available in Pro. He tells us how to get around a save feature and do what we need to do. This is getting more complicated by the day.
Now we can use QB to ship things with UPS. We already have the account, we've just used the UPS software up to now. And of course this is making more fun than we really want. Sigh.
It is times like this that I miss just writing stuff out.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home