Bear Necessities

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Pictures and Words

My friend Don spent a week touring around Cali in January and shared some great pictures. Coincidentally I am reading Christopher Moore's "A Dirty Job" which is set in San Fran. This description of Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill and one character's house situated below it stuck in my head, so I'll leave it to you to decide how accurate it was:

"Although it's said to have been designed with a fire-hose nozzle in mind, almost no one who sees the tower can resist the urge to comment on its resemblance to a giant penis. Madeline Alby's house, a flat-roofed white rectangle with ornate scrolling trim and a crowning cornice of carved cherubs, looked like a wedding cake balanced on the tower's scrotum."

A picture is worth 1,000 words but I'm not sure those few were among the intended thousand. But man it conjures a mental image!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home