Sales Strategies
Slowly but surely I am getting through my list of annoying calls and changes that I have to make. Always a fun task. Last night I tackled my phone service.
I like having a land line...I guess I'm just not ready to cut the cord...but Verizon charges an arm and a leg for very little. If they had DSL in my area I'd stay, but they don't so I decided to check out Cavalier. Of course that has proven more difficult than necessary as well.
So last night I was opening my credit card statement and there was a little add from Vonage. I decided to take it as a sign and, since the first month is free, if I don't like it I can always cancel.
I spent about 20 minutes on the phone setting things up (I have never needed to repeat my address that many times!) and the gentleman helping me was quite nice with only a slight accent. After all was said and done he thanked me for calling then asked to ask me a question...how old was I? I told him and he complimented my voice. It was very odd. I kept thinking, boy if you are flirting for a sale you need to do that before the end of the call!
But it gave me a chuckle and now my phone bill will be about $26 less a month and I can call Mom and Dad for free. Not too shabby.
I like having a land line...I guess I'm just not ready to cut the cord...but Verizon charges an arm and a leg for very little. If they had DSL in my area I'd stay, but they don't so I decided to check out Cavalier. Of course that has proven more difficult than necessary as well.
So last night I was opening my credit card statement and there was a little add from Vonage. I decided to take it as a sign and, since the first month is free, if I don't like it I can always cancel.
I spent about 20 minutes on the phone setting things up (I have never needed to repeat my address that many times!) and the gentleman helping me was quite nice with only a slight accent. After all was said and done he thanked me for calling then asked to ask me a question...how old was I? I told him and he complimented my voice. It was very odd. I kept thinking, boy if you are flirting for a sale you need to do that before the end of the call!
But it gave me a chuckle and now my phone bill will be about $26 less a month and I can call Mom and Dad for free. Not too shabby.

1 Comments:
At 11:01 AM,
Monika Kruemmling said…
let me know how vonage works out for you. I have Cavalier and I like them for the most part, but if I ever get cable, then I might try vonage too.
Post a Comment
<< Home