Fresh off the EP wire...
Well, I was going to say AP wire, but those aren't my initials and I didn't want you to think I was just rehashing Yahoo! news blurbs...
So the birthday week ended with seeing Spamalot on Saturday night, such a fun show! I did learn something valuable though. If I dress up to see a show I attract homeless people. We were at the corner of Sansom and Broad and a gentleman in a top hat with Mickey Mouse ears rolled up in his wheel chair to tell us a riddle. This took quite a bit but was in the end rather entertaining. He told Frank several times he needed to marry me, and as a parting comment said if Frank didn't he'd be back for me after he made his first million. My opinion on marriage is rather ambivalent, but at that moment I was starting to think of it as a form of self defense...
On the way back to the car after the show there was another gentleman who stopped us to say I looked pretty and ask for money. If he only knew my dress cost all of $8 he might not have bothered...hee hee. We realized that the shame of getting dinner after a show was that we were all dress up and had no where to go other than a diner, but that was fun too. The waitress remembered us from the previous weekend when I was dressed as a pirate. She thinks we lead very interesting lives, and I guess we kind of do.
Sunday was an early trip to the airport to drop Frank off. He's now in the exciting metropolis of Kohler Wisconsin for a sales meeting. Lucky boy. I then grabbed breakfast, changed into my new bathing suit (which is yet another story) and headed to Lydia's where we lounged by the pool and caught up. I also go to see Jack's Star Wars collection and read his new Indiana Jones comic. The kid is cute. Zoe and I had quite a few mini conversations that remind me just how smart she is...actually both of them are.
After that it was home to get some stuff into the attic and crash.
So the birthday week ended with seeing Spamalot on Saturday night, such a fun show! I did learn something valuable though. If I dress up to see a show I attract homeless people. We were at the corner of Sansom and Broad and a gentleman in a top hat with Mickey Mouse ears rolled up in his wheel chair to tell us a riddle. This took quite a bit but was in the end rather entertaining. He told Frank several times he needed to marry me, and as a parting comment said if Frank didn't he'd be back for me after he made his first million. My opinion on marriage is rather ambivalent, but at that moment I was starting to think of it as a form of self defense...
On the way back to the car after the show there was another gentleman who stopped us to say I looked pretty and ask for money. If he only knew my dress cost all of $8 he might not have bothered...hee hee. We realized that the shame of getting dinner after a show was that we were all dress up and had no where to go other than a diner, but that was fun too. The waitress remembered us from the previous weekend when I was dressed as a pirate. She thinks we lead very interesting lives, and I guess we kind of do.
Sunday was an early trip to the airport to drop Frank off. He's now in the exciting metropolis of Kohler Wisconsin for a sales meeting. Lucky boy. I then grabbed breakfast, changed into my new bathing suit (which is yet another story) and headed to Lydia's where we lounged by the pool and caught up. I also go to see Jack's Star Wars collection and read his new Indiana Jones comic. The kid is cute. Zoe and I had quite a few mini conversations that remind me just how smart she is...actually both of them are.
After that it was home to get some stuff into the attic and crash.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home