Bear Necessities

Sunday, January 25, 2009

AAAAARRRRRGGGG!

Okay, having a frustrating weekend with some good bits too. So Thursday crazy lady downstairs calls to ask if the heat is working...I have no idea, I'm at work! Frank and I go to P-Town for some game playing and the landlady calls to say the heater isn't working, she's got the repair guy coming out to look at it but we won't have heat that night. No biggie, we have blankets and a space heater. It wasn't bad at all actually.

Friday I have off and the heating guy may need to come upstairs so I park my butt in front of the space heater and work on a sewing project. When I'd heard nothing by 5 PM I called the landlady...the guy was downstairs now, she was peeved because he knew they needed a part the night before and instead of ordering it he brought something he thought might work. Great. I go to the gym, come home and talk to the landlady again (I love her by the way, she's great) who is really stressed because we won't have heat...again. Okay, Frank is working late and when he gets home we have dinner, snuggle up and then head to bed. Again, not a bad night.

Saturday...still no heat. Landlady calls at her witt's end, she's changing repair companies and ordering a new heater but we won't have heat until Monday, would we like to stay at a hotel? Nah, it hasn't been so bad, and our stuff's here.

Then the mail comes. I get a letter from my car insurance saying the online payment I made on the 12th (because I hadn't received my invoice which would be due the 16th) hadn't gone through. That's right, made an online payment, got and e-mailed receipt on the 13th and they MAILED me a letter saying it didn't go through. Now my payment is late, and in car insurance speak that means you are moments away from being uninsured. Great. So I go online where it says I both paid and owe, great. I make another payment, this time with a credit card instead of my bank account thinking perhaps I typed something wrong. Okay problem solved.

Saturday we had tickets to see Dar Williams at the Keswick and she was amazing! She did The Babysitter's Here as an encore and was spectacular! I want the new album! So that was great. We then went to Michael's Dinner in Glenside to grab a bite...and that sucked. The waitress dropped off coffee, took our order delivered it and then was never to be seen again. We sat there for a good 30 minutes trying to get her attention because we wanted more coffee and milkshakes but had no luck so we gave up. Of course on the way out after wrestling for the bill I thought Frank left a tip on the table but as we left we discovered neither of us did so I ran back in and gave her some ones. Definitely not my usual dinner tip, and to be honest I would have been okay with nothing, but that would have been mean.

So we get home to a freezing house, jump into bed and shiver the night away. This morning has dawned brutal and I'm taking Frank out to breakfast to thaw him out. Seriously, I'm next to the space heater and my fingers and toes are getting numb! I think the rat is hybernating. Oh, and I get an e-mail from my insurance rep saying my bill is overdue. Arg! I write him back, explain the situation and thank him for the reminder (better than a cancelation notice). Then I go online where I see once again no payment has been posted to my account. Good Grief! So I call and make the payment over the phone. Now I've either paid the bill 3 times, once or possibly not at all.

Have I mentioned I'm cold? I think my pinky finger just fell off...time to pour some hot water on Frank and de-ice him from his chair...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home