Brrrr!
So I find myself feeling like I'm in a Steinbeck novel. Some part of my being feels that living without heat for 6 days should be something of the by gone past...not my present. Thank God for Frank. He's been so patient and positive about this, not to mention snuggly which is very important when trying to maintain body temperature!
The latest is that hopefully the new heater will be installed today, which is good because I think my brain is starting to freeze. Yes, we could go to the offered hotel, but now it's almost like an endurance test...we can do this! Last night I went to make dinner and found my coconut milk had turned into a slushie...in the can. Kind cool actually. And I now know our rat has cold feet. Little, horribly cold feet.
For me the hardest part is that I have some projects that need to work on and just can't bring myself to get moving on because of the temperature. Let's face it, no one wants to try on half made clothes when it's 50 degrees.
But aside from the cold I really can't complain. Thank you to all who have offered to let us crash!
The latest is that hopefully the new heater will be installed today, which is good because I think my brain is starting to freeze. Yes, we could go to the offered hotel, but now it's almost like an endurance test...we can do this! Last night I went to make dinner and found my coconut milk had turned into a slushie...in the can. Kind cool actually. And I now know our rat has cold feet. Little, horribly cold feet.
For me the hardest part is that I have some projects that need to work on and just can't bring myself to get moving on because of the temperature. Let's face it, no one wants to try on half made clothes when it's 50 degrees.
But aside from the cold I really can't complain. Thank you to all who have offered to let us crash!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home