Bear Necessities

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Whoo Hoo!

So yesterday I felt like a paraplegic trying to jump hurdles until about 7:30. Woke up to a very cold apartment and didn't want to leave my warm bed, until I realized that staying home from work meant staying home without heat. So I sprinted around getting dress and zipped out the door. Got to work and the new time clock was down. Why? Because the computer it was hooked to was down. Fixed that. Talked to the boss who had trouble with my computer the night before. All was fine now, but I'm thinking there was a power surge.

Boss gets in and is online for about 2 hours then the wireless router decided it didn't want to be wireless anymore. I tinkered but to no avail. Her husband came in (we call Joe Second tier support) and he was at a loss. We ended up on the phone with Verizon, we need a new wireless router and I spent the rest of the afternoon snaking ethernet cable through walls so she could be hardwired in her office.

Oh and I found out that I'm gonna owe the IRS a bit more than I figured. Great.

After work I went to the store then met Connie at the gym where I realized I was done. I did 20 minutes on the treadmill then drug myself home where I was praying there would be heat...and there was! Oh it was fantastic! You know, I don't think I'll ever see being cold quite the same way again.

I immediately texted Frank to let him know it was safe to come home and after cleaning up a bit I settled into a nice warm bath. Oh so wonderful to be warm when you get out of the bathroom! No more cold potty seat!

Frank came home and we had a lovely dinner then snuggled because we wanted to, without the addition of it being necessary to stay warm! I no longer feel like I'm living in communist Russia and standing in line for toilet paper! Yay!

1 Comments:

  • At 11:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry about the agitation parts, but total HOORAY for the heat!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home