So Close!
Cooper was a fantastic little guy. He was sweet, very attached to his foster mom but not so much that he ignored us. He barked a few times, but such a little sound compared to Boomer. I was in love. We decided to go ahead with the adoption, Cooper's foster mom would contact me by Tuesday about the next step.
Tuesday came and in the morning I got an e-mail saying that while the foster parents worked the same hours we did, but she realized that Cooper had her other dog to keep him company. She was concerned about his anxiety level and asked what I thought. I told her our plan and asked for her take on it. I didn't hear back that day, which made me think she was having a hard time giving him up. He'd been living with her for a year after all and way clearly attached.
So Wednesday morning I got the anticipated e-mail: They were adopting Cooper. She was so sweet about it and offered to be a reference for us. So the search continued...
Tuesday came and in the morning I got an e-mail saying that while the foster parents worked the same hours we did, but she realized that Cooper had her other dog to keep him company. She was concerned about his anxiety level and asked what I thought. I told her our plan and asked for her take on it. I didn't hear back that day, which made me think she was having a hard time giving him up. He'd been living with her for a year after all and way clearly attached.
So Wednesday morning I got the anticipated e-mail: They were adopting Cooper. She was so sweet about it and offered to be a reference for us. So the search continued...
Labels: Puppy Search

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home