Hanging my Head in Shame
Monie sent me an interesting, if disturbing article this morning: Welcome to the Equal Rites Awards by Ellen Goodman (article ). It is basically acknowledging those who have yet to realize that women are capable, equal and worthy of respect-and yes, some of the recipients are women. We can be our own worst enemies.
And this brings me to my shame of the day. I gave into those lovable harpies Clinton and Stacy on What Not to Wear and indulged my inner fashion cow today. I had a client coming in so I shrugged off the usual jeans and t-shirt that is my uniform at work and dressed a bit more fashionably. Why is this shameful? I am wearing a corset. A tasteful corset, but a corset none the less. With the blazer I cut a dashing figure, but I miss breathing. I really miss breathing. Perhaps if I wasn’t as “gifted” above the waist it would be better. Who knows?
Right now I wish my little fashionistas were here with their “style can be comfortable” mantra. I want to see either of them wear this Chinese finger trap and be comfortable…I wonder if I can get away with just buttoning up the blazer for the rest of the day…
And this brings me to my shame of the day. I gave into those lovable harpies Clinton and Stacy on What Not to Wear and indulged my inner fashion cow today. I had a client coming in so I shrugged off the usual jeans and t-shirt that is my uniform at work and dressed a bit more fashionably. Why is this shameful? I am wearing a corset. A tasteful corset, but a corset none the less. With the blazer I cut a dashing figure, but I miss breathing. I really miss breathing. Perhaps if I wasn’t as “gifted” above the waist it would be better. Who knows?
Right now I wish my little fashionistas were here with their “style can be comfortable” mantra. I want to see either of them wear this Chinese finger trap and be comfortable…I wonder if I can get away with just buttoning up the blazer for the rest of the day…

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home