Bear Necessities

Thursday, October 05, 2006

A Great Night out for Bad Dates

Last night Lydia, Monie, Jill, Julia, Connie and I went to see “Bad Dates” at the Act II Playhouse in Ambler. It was a girl’s night and a celebration of Connie’s 24th birthday, what better way to spend an evening?

We got dinner at Toto’s Gelateria in Ambler-which I cannot say enough wonderful things about. We dropped a few things off at Jill’s then Jill, Monie and Julia sang Happy Birthday to Connie while Lydia and I conducted. They are our professional singers, so it was really beautiful. Then we wandered over to the theatre, taking a moment to check out the new artwork in a window gallery along the way.

We got to the playhouse and milled about the lobby reading actual bad dates that had been submitted for a contest. I was feeling a little embarrassed as 3 of mine were posted, until I read some of the others: My Date with Ben Franklin, the sex therapist that just came from a session, and the guy who ate her hair during a movie. Yup, I’ve never been on a bad date if I apply those standards!

The show was fantastic, at one point Jill and I were in tears because things hit so close to home (talking about cholesterol and colon issues on a first date, ew!). And I have to say I witnessed the bravest feat of acting ever…she put on pantyhose on stage. The little dance I think all women have done was the best!

After the show we wandered back to Jill’s said our goodbyes and headed home. It was a great night with great friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home