Busy Day
Well, the rain that threatened to put a damper on the Elmwood Park Zoo Classic Car show decided to stop before I left to pick up Connie and Andy, so the day was off to a good start. After causing my usual chaos with the animals at Connie's (and having Sebasion do his little dance for me...I love that bird!) we were on the road to Andy's. Once we got over the shock of seeing his pale chest pressed up against his glass door we managed to get to the saddest little car show ever. I may be inflating the number, but there were around 8 cars to see at the zoo. Making the best of the situation, we wandered around the zoo and discovered Connie's attraction to little, fuzzy feet. Who knew?
Two Spot, the white alligator decided to prove to Connie that it was not a lawn ornament and began to mill about it's pond. We also managed to get Connie through the reptile area without incident. Andy was a bit bummed because he didn't have his sketch pad with him, so we may just have to haul him back at a later date.
After the zoo I dropped them at Andy's and headed home to grab lunch and get ready for dinner and catching a Penn volleyball match. I was sorely tempted to cancel, but last minute decided I'd rather be out than in and Don is always good company.
Don was a stroke of luck as far as I'm concerned. We went on a date early this summer, didn't have the romantic chemistry but got along fabulously. So now we harass each other into doing fun, if odd things. A few weeks ago was my now famous mini golf in the rain-golf balls float, who knew? His latest threat is teaching me frisbee golf. But last night was furthering his skill at taking action shots.
Dinner was good, I talked him into Chinese because I was craving dumplings. I think they actually went out to catch the squid for his meal, but it did finally arrive. Then off to the Palestra to watch the Quakers play Binghamton. I was surprised to find I really enjoyed watching the game and he got some great action shots.
After I dropped Don off at home I decided I had enough gas to get to the first exit on 76...well, I would have if the road wasn't totally backed up. I decided to head for 95 and pop off at the first exit to get gas...best laid plans and all. I ended up at the airport, then in Chester getting gas at midnight. Not the smartest thing for a white girl by herself, but there was no incident. And I'm pretty proud of myself. I managed to navigate to 476 N and get home with no u-turns. Mom would be so proud!
Two Spot, the white alligator decided to prove to Connie that it was not a lawn ornament and began to mill about it's pond. We also managed to get Connie through the reptile area without incident. Andy was a bit bummed because he didn't have his sketch pad with him, so we may just have to haul him back at a later date.
After the zoo I dropped them at Andy's and headed home to grab lunch and get ready for dinner and catching a Penn volleyball match. I was sorely tempted to cancel, but last minute decided I'd rather be out than in and Don is always good company.
Don was a stroke of luck as far as I'm concerned. We went on a date early this summer, didn't have the romantic chemistry but got along fabulously. So now we harass each other into doing fun, if odd things. A few weeks ago was my now famous mini golf in the rain-golf balls float, who knew? His latest threat is teaching me frisbee golf. But last night was furthering his skill at taking action shots.
Dinner was good, I talked him into Chinese because I was craving dumplings. I think they actually went out to catch the squid for his meal, but it did finally arrive. Then off to the Palestra to watch the Quakers play Binghamton. I was surprised to find I really enjoyed watching the game and he got some great action shots.
After I dropped Don off at home I decided I had enough gas to get to the first exit on 76...well, I would have if the road wasn't totally backed up. I decided to head for 95 and pop off at the first exit to get gas...best laid plans and all. I ended up at the airport, then in Chester getting gas at midnight. Not the smartest thing for a white girl by herself, but there was no incident. And I'm pretty proud of myself. I managed to navigate to 476 N and get home with no u-turns. Mom would be so proud!



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home