Priceless
This brings me to the weekend. I’ve been talking with a certain guy for a while now and we finally had time in our schedules to get together. He seemed like a very nice person, we had lots to talk about and a good bit in common. He had been having a tough year with family members passing away, business set backs and a stolen car- to name a few. Not unlike another friend of mine, life seemed to be giving him a disproportionate amount of hardship, but his attitude remained hopeful and I found that charming.
The reason getting together took so much planning was that he lives about 160 miles away from me. Once we picked Saturday to see each other I decided to head up Friday night and get a room so I wouldn’t have to make the 3 hour drive in the morning. Aside from the rain the drive was fine, the new car handled wonderfully. I checked in around 1:30 AM and curled into bed.
When I got up in the morning I sent a little call me when you’re up note. It turns out he ended up having a meeting in New Haven, but was hoping to be back by noon. Not exactly thrilled, I puttered around the room until check out, did so and strolled to the local park to read for a bit.
McLevy Green
The next word I got was that he was heading back and should be in around 3. I decided to find lunch.
After lunch I freshened up a bit, took a walk and ended up back at the park with my book. Interesting pigeons in the McLevy Green. One was white, with brown stripes on its back and a red and green iridescent neck. Very pretty. I chatted with a few of the other park occupants and enjoyed a beautiful day.

So now I get word that my date would be leaving Greenwich by 5:30 and should be meeting me around 6:30 at the hotel. Remember I checked out? Yup, checked back in, telling the girl behind the desk I’d lay an egg if he walked in the door at 6:30.
So I settled back in, took a little nap, and then got ready…again. As 6:30 approached I sent a little note saying see you soon, and got a reply that they were running a few minutes late but would be there shortly. And that was the last I heard.
No response to texts or calls the rest of the night. And when his voicemail told me it was full I began to really worry (no, I hadn’t called that much). It was still full in the morning, so I took myself home. I sent a few texts and when I got in sent an e-mail saying I was home safe and wasn’t mad, just worried. Which was actually true.
While one friend decided he was an asshole and another told me to tell him to F**K off, I was worried he was dead on the side of the road. This was a guy who apologized up and down if he called late. Not the type to stand someone up. Monie and I decided he was in jail…turns out we were right.
Got a text this morning that something happened with the driver of the car he was in and they spent some time in jail. Of course…why? Because the poor bastard was due to meet me. This is how my dating life works. I think I can safely say this is my worst dating story to date. No, I haven’t decided if I believe it or not. The next move is his. I’ll keep you posted. In the mean time, here is my new Master Card commercial:
Tolls to and from Connecticut: $20.25
Gas: $30.00
Hotel Room for 2 Nights: $200.00
Driving 320 miles round trip to be stood up because your date is in jail? Fucking priceless.
The reason getting together took so much planning was that he lives about 160 miles away from me. Once we picked Saturday to see each other I decided to head up Friday night and get a room so I wouldn’t have to make the 3 hour drive in the morning. Aside from the rain the drive was fine, the new car handled wonderfully. I checked in around 1:30 AM and curled into bed.
When I got up in the morning I sent a little call me when you’re up note. It turns out he ended up having a meeting in New Haven, but was hoping to be back by noon. Not exactly thrilled, I puttered around the room until check out, did so and strolled to the local park to read for a bit.

McLevy Green
The next word I got was that he was heading back and should be in around 3. I decided to find lunch.
After lunch I freshened up a bit, took a walk and ended up back at the park with my book. Interesting pigeons in the McLevy Green. One was white, with brown stripes on its back and a red and green iridescent neck. Very pretty. I chatted with a few of the other park occupants and enjoyed a beautiful day.

So now I get word that my date would be leaving Greenwich by 5:30 and should be meeting me around 6:30 at the hotel. Remember I checked out? Yup, checked back in, telling the girl behind the desk I’d lay an egg if he walked in the door at 6:30.
So I settled back in, took a little nap, and then got ready…again. As 6:30 approached I sent a little note saying see you soon, and got a reply that they were running a few minutes late but would be there shortly. And that was the last I heard.
No response to texts or calls the rest of the night. And when his voicemail told me it was full I began to really worry (no, I hadn’t called that much). It was still full in the morning, so I took myself home. I sent a few texts and when I got in sent an e-mail saying I was home safe and wasn’t mad, just worried. Which was actually true.
While one friend decided he was an asshole and another told me to tell him to F**K off, I was worried he was dead on the side of the road. This was a guy who apologized up and down if he called late. Not the type to stand someone up. Monie and I decided he was in jail…turns out we were right.
Got a text this morning that something happened with the driver of the car he was in and they spent some time in jail. Of course…why? Because the poor bastard was due to meet me. This is how my dating life works. I think I can safely say this is my worst dating story to date. No, I haven’t decided if I believe it or not. The next move is his. I’ll keep you posted. In the mean time, here is my new Master Card commercial:
Tolls to and from Connecticut: $20.25
Gas: $30.00
Hotel Room for 2 Nights: $200.00
Driving 320 miles round trip to be stood up because your date is in jail? Fucking priceless.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home