Wardrobe Revenge
Okay, my previous corset post, HA! That was no corset that was a walk in the park!
I was at the PA Ren Faire this weekend and a friend decided she wanted to look at corsets. Now these aren't your Victoria's Secret, Hot Topic little look-at-my-chest things. No, these are constructed with steel boning and laced within an inch of your life. Think of the Statue of Liberty facelift and all the scaffolding around her and you'll have an idea of what these things look like inside.
Somehow I got talked into trying one on as well...I have never before been frightened by my own anatomy. I could have waited tables without using my arms! Seriously, it was indecent! I'm a "busty lass" as the Faire folk would say, but this was just...too much. Connie looked fantastic in hers, I have to admit, but it wasn't a look I was willing to try to pull off. And while it made my back feel great, I missed being able to inhale. It's the little things in life, ya know? Though I could have taken a shot to the stomach and been unfased I'm pretty sure.
And watching Connie get into the car I was even happier about my decision. I don't think I would have been able to breathe. And bending at the waist is something I enjoy doing, but that's me.
I was at the PA Ren Faire this weekend and a friend decided she wanted to look at corsets. Now these aren't your Victoria's Secret, Hot Topic little look-at-my-chest things. No, these are constructed with steel boning and laced within an inch of your life. Think of the Statue of Liberty facelift and all the scaffolding around her and you'll have an idea of what these things look like inside.
Somehow I got talked into trying one on as well...I have never before been frightened by my own anatomy. I could have waited tables without using my arms! Seriously, it was indecent! I'm a "busty lass" as the Faire folk would say, but this was just...too much. Connie looked fantastic in hers, I have to admit, but it wasn't a look I was willing to try to pull off. And while it made my back feel great, I missed being able to inhale. It's the little things in life, ya know? Though I could have taken a shot to the stomach and been unfased I'm pretty sure.
And watching Connie get into the car I was even happier about my decision. I don't think I would have been able to breathe. And bending at the waist is something I enjoy doing, but that's me.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home