The Long Goodbye
So last night I went to pick up the new car. I was oddly anxious most of yesterday, there could have been a few reasons for the feeling so I just tried to get past it. As I drove to the dealership it kept getting worse. I kept thinking, "How can I give this car up to become spare parts?" The trade in was so low it barely affected my monthly payment, and the car was still in good shape for it's age and mileage. Yes, it has some quirks, but someone out there would probably be delighted with her...so I decided I wasn't ready to let her be stripped for parts. I called Lydia who sweetly agreed to come back to the dealership with me and pick up my faithful Red. Once this decision was made my anxiety evaporated.
For the rest of the ride I considered what to do with my baby. While I had a friend who could use her, I would feel terrible if she blew up on him (he doesn't have any luck with cars...the exhaust fell off his truck that morning). It would just be constant guilt.
I had just decided to donate her to charity when I got word that an acquaintance was in need of a short term car...there we go! She isn't parts and I won't hear about it if she falls apart! Hooray! We talked and will be doing the title transfer in the not too distant future. Until then she can sit happily in my parking lot with her newly adopted brother.
So back to the new addition...After waiting almost an hour my sales guy finally got done with his previous appointment and we do the paperwork. He offers to buy my old car for a little over the trade in offer, but I decline. Finally around 9 PM I drive off the lot in my new-to-me car and Lydia and I convoy back to my place.
It was a lovely drive in to work this morning and I think Blue and I have a lot of fun ahead of us. In fact, we have our first road trip this weekend!
For the rest of the ride I considered what to do with my baby. While I had a friend who could use her, I would feel terrible if she blew up on him (he doesn't have any luck with cars...the exhaust fell off his truck that morning). It would just be constant guilt.
I had just decided to donate her to charity when I got word that an acquaintance was in need of a short term car...there we go! She isn't parts and I won't hear about it if she falls apart! Hooray! We talked and will be doing the title transfer in the not too distant future. Until then she can sit happily in my parking lot with her newly adopted brother.
So back to the new addition...After waiting almost an hour my sales guy finally got done with his previous appointment and we do the paperwork. He offers to buy my old car for a little over the trade in offer, but I decline. Finally around 9 PM I drive off the lot in my new-to-me car and Lydia and I convoy back to my place.
It was a lovely drive in to work this morning and I think Blue and I have a lot of fun ahead of us. In fact, we have our first road trip this weekend!

1 Comments:
At 7:46 PM,
Anonymous said…
I like your new car! :) And the picture of you a couple posts ago is great!
Post a Comment
<< Home