Bear Necessities

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Saying Goodbye



Tonight I have to say goodbye to a very good friend. She has been with me through the good and the bad, always faithful and reliable. But it is time to move on...

I'm due to pick up my new-to-me car tonight. I picked it out all by myself, so we shall see how this turns out. I must say goodbye to my little red Saturn. She has been a great car...she even drove out from under the BMW that a dumb blond from Jersey dropped on her. She has roadtripped to New York, Baltimore, Williamsburg, Pittsburgh and faithfully dragged my butt all over the place. She has transported rabbits, cats, dogs, frogs and guinea pigs. She has served as storage for my stuff when I've moved, my own personal music studio and always the best getaway vehicle ever! I've cried, laughed, eaten, fought, loved and thrown up in her. She is the best.

But now she is 12 and has 107,000 miles on her (plus a bit). Her radio only likes AM stations and the driver's side door drips when it rains. I will not miss having a wet butt.

Hopefully the new car will have as wonderful and long a life with me as she has. He is a blue Saturn, actually made in this century! I'll try to keep him clean, but we know how well I keep up with that stuff. I know he won't be like my baby, but he will be good. I have faith.

So goodbye to my sweet Saturn. May you tool around with some teenager at the wheel, keeping them safe from themselves with your steel rollcage and plastic bits. I will miss you...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home