Bear Necessities

Monday, December 18, 2006

Christmas Party Review

So yesterday was my Christmas party, graciously housed by Ralph and Lydia. Connie and I arrived early to help set up, Don followed soon after with a mystery dessert. Don, who hadn't seen me since before surgery, got a chuckle out of watching me hobble around. It seems I have a certain celebrity among his friends as the only person they know who ended up with a limp from a cold. Go figure.

Introductions were made and we fussed with the food as Jill, Dan, Julia and Charlotte arrived with salad and ziti. Ralph and Sean watched the Eagles game and the rest of us played a round of Chez Geek. I actually won...but only because everyone else focused on Connie after her early lead. Lydia entertained the Smooshie until Jack and Zoe got back from the Nutcracker.

Greg and Aly soon arrived with Julia Rose, cider and vegetables. We then descended on meatballs, ziti and salad while we watched the game and finished playing cards. Now it was time to have the little ones open presents. There was much happiness, and a little grumbling from some adults who ended up with gifts as well...to which I say, "pthbbbbb!" About this time Monie arrived from her soccer game and we fed her.

Cookies appeared, and so did Don's mystery dessert which turned out to be a family recipe for "salami"-cocoa, butter, sugar and tea biscuits. Indescribable yummy.

Once small people were in bed and the game was over we popped in Jack Frost, the horror movie, and subjected Don and Connie to it for the first time. Oh it's terrible, but it's so much fun to see the faces of people who don't know what's coming. Aly, like our own Tiny Tim, once again mused, "Where's the carrot?" to the horror of Don and Connie.

I'll admit to not making it through the movie. Don left about 3/4 of the way through, as it was getting late and he had a long way to go. I leaned into Monie for a moment, then decided it was time to leave. I'd spent the evening without my crutch, so I'd pretty much wiped myself out.

It was a great night, thanks to Lydia and Ralph's generosity and the wonderful company to be had.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What a bummer we missed the rest of the party. Dan was totally in a bad way.

    He's better now, but Sunday night and Monday were very unpleasant for him.

    OBE flu.

    Blech.

    Glad you guys had fun!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home