Bear Necessities

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Old...

This morning I learned that after age 28 you really shouldn't eat breakfast on the turnpike. But I've gotten ahead of myself.

Last week Tom and I made plans for me to come over this past Tuesday so he could make dinner and I could get an idea of what the heck he does when he's online gaming. Yes, he's another casualty of WoW, but Tuesdays are a standing date with friends from college and beyond to play City of Heroes. Aside from the geeky context, it is a nice way to blow off steam with people you like but who don't live near you. They kill things and chat about this and that...I have no idea how because things move rather quickly and I can see why epileptics may not want to be involved in this stuff. There was talk of me joining them, but lets face it, I'd be the retarded little sister. There is no way I could keep up. More fun to watch.*

So I watched for a few hours. Well...the TV was on too so I alternated between screens, I'm only human. Soon it was 11 and I was tired so it was decided I'd sleep over. I forget how unaccustomed I am at having another human body in a bed with me. Sure, I have my side and the cat has hers, but as long as I don't kick her in the head she's pretty flexible. After declaring "No hanky-panky" (I love this guy) we went to bed. It's been even longer for him since sharing a bed, so neither of us got much sleep. Plus he didn't take me seriously when I warned him I put out a lot of heat. Now he knows better.

After weird dreams and tossing and turning there was no real trouble waking up at 5:30, though I was correct in my guess that Tom is very snuggly...just not nappy snuggly. I looked out the window to find a nice layer of snow on the road, making me happy I was starting the morning early. Though I'm a big fan of sleep, I love early morning driving. Just watching the rest of the world wake up...the road stretching fairly empty in front of you...your tummy growling...realizing you don't have anything to eat for lunch...

And so I found myself at Roy Rogers in the Allentown Service Plaza buying a turkey sandwich, sausage-egg-cheese croissant, chocolate milk and coffee from a man with 3 teeth who I'm pretty sure was "special". Then I hit the road again.

16 miles later my tummy was growley again, but not because it was hungry. There just comes a time in your life when you can't eat that much grease at 6 AM. I have reached mine...and will feel vaguely nauseous every time I think about it.




*I'm an avid video game watcher. It started when I was little watching Dad play Super Breakout and was honed in college watching the guys play Mortal Combat. What can I say? It's a pretty good skill if you aren't into playing.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:05 PM, Blogger Monika Kruemmling said…

    you know, I thought about trying out WoW the other day, just for fun. but I don't want to buy some damn software so I can play a game online. annoying. probably better anyway, it's not like I don't have a million things to do around my house. I guess I was just hoping for a cheap cable alternative. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home