Bear Necessities

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Postcards from the Edge

So Frank headed off into the wild blue yonder again on Sunday, this time for fun. He's off to Burning Man which is in Black Rock Nevada - a town that only exists a few weeks a year. After loading himself down with sunscreen, hat, water bag, clothes and costumes (he'd already shipped out his camping gear) I dropped him off at the airport and crossed my fingers that his flight would leave on time. It did.

I got home, fell asleep on the couch then had a lovely dinner/grocery shopping expedition with my Monie. Once home I did a few odds and ends checked that he landed in Houston then went to bed. He sent a message when he landed in Reno then set off for the automobile portion of the trip.

I know he's having a blast and will have lots of stories for me when he gets back, but in the meantime I've discovered TV Free Burning Man at Current.com where various participants are posting video messages and little shorts about what is going on. It's pretty cool I have to say. And though I've done the desert hiking thing I've never done the desert camping thing. You know, it looks a lot like Tattuin. So far my favorite is the guy sending a message home who says he hasn't grown a mustache, it's playa dust. What's so amusing is that he's trying to rub it off and it isn't cooperating.

Oh yeah, Frank will have stories. And a lot of desert I have a feeling. And yes, I am a wee bit envious...hee hee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home