Bear Necessities

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Hurdle Hopping

I'm getting good at this! So last week after we finally got heat other things started to act up. I've mentioned up until the wireless part of the office router decided it was done...and after a long afternoon with various "experts" we decided to just hard wire the computer to the internet. Problem solved! And that's about when my printer started acting funny and I called it a week.

I believe Thursday was also when the towel bar in our bathroom finally gave up and crashed to the floor.

So Friday. Wake up late, zip out to Reading to the Mad Hatter- a little antique mall-then head back east for a dentist visit. I love my dentist. He's been seeing me since I was 11 or 12 and still says things like "you're too young to worry about that". Due to the mechanical failures around me I was a little worried about having all those instruments in my mouth, but Debbie the hygienist assured me this was the time my week started getting better. We were doing okay until the polisher thingy started making funny noises. That's when Dr. B decided it was a good time to lubricate it and the rest of the appointment went fine. No cavities!

Next I was off to meet Lydia for coffee then into the city for dinner with my honey. We planned on going to Pho Cali, a little Vietnamese place by the Troc. I'd been there before, it was okay but Frank seemed excited and they had bubble tea (one of my favorite things). We settled in, ordered drinks and perused the menu. As I decided on the one chicken dish available I looked over my menu and asked if they had anything veggie. Short answer: No. Soooo, we had drinks then moved on to another restaurant which was quite yummy then headed home.

Saturday the tub went from draining slow to draining at about the same speed glaciers melt. Great. But after the heater replacement I just couldn't bring myself to call the land lady, we would try Draino first.

Happily Saturday night we were going to Jill and Dan's for a murder mystery or in this case a Hoo done it...hee hee. It was much fun with puns, bad and in some cases inappropriate accents and of course, a mystery to solve which we flubbed. Adam did it and got away with it!

Sunday was a shopping day...and Home Depot was put on the list after the handle on the toilet broke. I think that's when I started giggling. But we made the rounds of Target, Petsmart, Giant, Home Depot and even the dollar store and got home by 5:30.

Have I mentioned how fantastic Frank is? While I put away the groceries he put up the new towel bar and fixed the toilet. Once that was done I put up the new shower curtain and Drainoed the tub which seems to be much better. Team work!

The rest of the evening was tidying up and finishing my costume for an upcoming party. All in all, an eventful week.

And this week? So far (knock wood) its bumping along with the normal stuff. I do have some good news though: I've lost all but 2 pounds of the holiday weight and that makes me a happy girl. The gain was no surprise, you can't eat bacon every morning and lord knows what else for 5 days and not go to the gym without consequences!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home