Sleepless in Ambler
Man I hate "Sleepless in Seattle", but the bastardized title works here.
So here I sit at 2 AM watching Jeremy Piven host WWE. In truth, it came on after Law & Order and then I was captivated, wondering why Jeremy Piven was on a wrestling program. Thankfully it turns out they are rerunning the original Star Trek series on another channel so I am saved!
It seems like life has been running at a gerbil's pace since mid July. We went from gearing up for Burning Man to being so excited about our engagement that we started wedding planning, then we had an impending baby decide to fake us all out for 3 weeks with "Here I come! No I don't." Throw in a little house hunting and I feel like I've been chasing my tail a bit. Happy to say it's been a happy whirlwind.
Things have settled into place a bit now, I'm finishing up a few things for Burning Man and have decided to put other things off until we get back.
Oddly enough I've spent the week feeling like I hadn't slept in ages. In fact on Wednesday I slept for 15 hours, went out for a few hours and felt like I needed a nap. Friday we went out to see friends perform and didn't get home until 5 AM (good times!), then it was up at the crack of noon to clean a bit before Frank's folks, sister and her husband came over. I should be tired. I should be curled up asleep next to my sweetie. But no, now I'm wide awake! Where was this wakefulness all week?!!!
Anyhow, since I have a moment I'll use it so say that it was really fantastic to have Frank's parents check out the wedding/reception site. As much as I wish my folks could be here and share the excitement, having his Mom and Dad really is the next best thing. I am so lucky to be marrying into such a wonderful family.
His folks were going to be in town working on his mother's parents house so they asked us out to dinner to celebrate the engagement. Since we'd originally talked about it a good bit has happened so when they and Megan and John arrived my mind was on wedding things and Frank's other sister's impending baby. The last thing on my mind was my birthday, but there was Megan with flowers and Mom with a card. Seriously, that should have been the last thing on their minds, but it wasn't and that's one of the things that makes them so sweet.
So we toured the Inn's grounds, hoping not to disturb a wedding, then headed to Ft. Washington for Indian. All in all it was a pretty great evening.
And now I am finally feeling a little sleepy...
So here I sit at 2 AM watching Jeremy Piven host WWE. In truth, it came on after Law & Order and then I was captivated, wondering why Jeremy Piven was on a wrestling program. Thankfully it turns out they are rerunning the original Star Trek series on another channel so I am saved!
It seems like life has been running at a gerbil's pace since mid July. We went from gearing up for Burning Man to being so excited about our engagement that we started wedding planning, then we had an impending baby decide to fake us all out for 3 weeks with "Here I come! No I don't." Throw in a little house hunting and I feel like I've been chasing my tail a bit. Happy to say it's been a happy whirlwind.
Things have settled into place a bit now, I'm finishing up a few things for Burning Man and have decided to put other things off until we get back.
Oddly enough I've spent the week feeling like I hadn't slept in ages. In fact on Wednesday I slept for 15 hours, went out for a few hours and felt like I needed a nap. Friday we went out to see friends perform and didn't get home until 5 AM (good times!), then it was up at the crack of noon to clean a bit before Frank's folks, sister and her husband came over. I should be tired. I should be curled up asleep next to my sweetie. But no, now I'm wide awake! Where was this wakefulness all week?!!!
Anyhow, since I have a moment I'll use it so say that it was really fantastic to have Frank's parents check out the wedding/reception site. As much as I wish my folks could be here and share the excitement, having his Mom and Dad really is the next best thing. I am so lucky to be marrying into such a wonderful family.
His folks were going to be in town working on his mother's parents house so they asked us out to dinner to celebrate the engagement. Since we'd originally talked about it a good bit has happened so when they and Megan and John arrived my mind was on wedding things and Frank's other sister's impending baby. The last thing on my mind was my birthday, but there was Megan with flowers and Mom with a card. Seriously, that should have been the last thing on their minds, but it wasn't and that's one of the things that makes them so sweet.
So we toured the Inn's grounds, hoping not to disturb a wedding, then headed to Ft. Washington for Indian. All in all it was a pretty great evening.
And now I am finally feeling a little sleepy...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home