Dear Lord...
Okay, once again I say...Thank God I'm not a teacher. I have enough fun with my after school kids at work. This morning I encountered the kind of parent I imagine some of my friends who do teach must run into that makes them want to drink.
I got an e-mail from a client asking if there was any latex in our Audrey II puppets. Now, I've gotten this question from performers before, and I know a latex allergy is pretty dangerous. Yes, we have applied liquid latex to the teeth of all 4 puppets, it makes cleaning off the stage blood possible. So if a performer was asking I wouldn't think twice about it. But in what I assume is an effort by my client to explain that he isn't trying to be a nudge, he included the e-mail he got that sparked his contacting me. Here it is:
"Good morning. Your contact information was supplied to me in the hopes that you could answer the following question. Although I know it is DASD policy to have NO LATEX in any of their schools, I always "double-check" in case something has been missed. My daughter attends LMS and will be coming with her 8th grade class next Wed. to see LSOH. She has LATEX ANAPHYLAXIS which bascially means she has repiratory distress that could lead to her stopping breathing if exposed to latex. I too have this as do several friends who are planning on attending next Friday evening. If you are unable to answer whether aome latex items happened to accidentally get into the production in some way and need to be removed due to DASD policy and the danger they pose, could you please inform me as to whom I need to contact. I await your soonest response. Thank you."
Okay, this is an AUDIENCE member we are talking about. So don't go! Admittedly I'm not a doctor, but I somehow doubt that sitting in the audience (perhaps in the back row) is going to expose this child, her mother or her friends to the latex in the teeth of my puppets. And you don't want to know my thoughts when I read about how to remove this "danger". I was good though. I gave my client the info on the teeth and left it at that. I'd probably be less grumpy about this if the woman in question didn't sound like such an ass...
I got an e-mail from a client asking if there was any latex in our Audrey II puppets. Now, I've gotten this question from performers before, and I know a latex allergy is pretty dangerous. Yes, we have applied liquid latex to the teeth of all 4 puppets, it makes cleaning off the stage blood possible. So if a performer was asking I wouldn't think twice about it. But in what I assume is an effort by my client to explain that he isn't trying to be a nudge, he included the e-mail he got that sparked his contacting me. Here it is:
"Good morning. Your contact information was supplied to me in the hopes that you could answer the following question. Although I know it is DASD policy to have NO LATEX in any of their schools, I always "double-check" in case something has been missed. My daughter attends LMS and will be coming with her 8th grade class next Wed. to see LSOH. She has LATEX ANAPHYLAXIS which bascially means she has repiratory distress that could lead to her stopping breathing if exposed to latex. I too have this as do several friends who are planning on attending next Friday evening. If you are unable to answer whether aome latex items happened to accidentally get into the production in some way and need to be removed due to DASD policy and the danger they pose, could you please inform me as to whom I need to contact. I await your soonest response. Thank you."
Okay, this is an AUDIENCE member we are talking about. So don't go! Admittedly I'm not a doctor, but I somehow doubt that sitting in the audience (perhaps in the back row) is going to expose this child, her mother or her friends to the latex in the teeth of my puppets. And you don't want to know my thoughts when I read about how to remove this "danger". I was good though. I gave my client the info on the teeth and left it at that. I'd probably be less grumpy about this if the woman in question didn't sound like such an ass...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home