Slow Time
Last week was a study in slow time, it looks like this one may be too.
Last week it was a little work tension and rattling around the house. This week it looks like the work tension will continue but now Frank is home and I'd much rather be there than working late. C'est la vie.
But yes, Frank survived Burning Man. As I said when he got off the plane, he was much cleaner than I expected. And much less sunburnt happily. He's pretty chapped and chaffed but it sounds like he had a good time. He'll just keep moisturized and should be fine.
One funny moment though. Since the playa is so alkaline the best way to get his skin reconditioned was a vinegar bath. I'd left work to get him, saw him settled into the tub and headed back. When I told my boss I'd left him soaking in vinegar she asked if I was pickling him! Hee hee.
But there was some fun last week. Jill, Julie and I got together to catch up and lounge by the pool on Friday...in the rain as it turns out. Well, it was warm and we are rowdy rough girls so a little rain wasn't stopping us! The pool temperature almost did, but we over came! It was great talking about work, babies, future plans, family and life in general. And Julie looked hot in her blue and white gingham "pregnant lady swimsuit"!
Now it's time to get back to work...I'm slowly but surely wearing the numbers off my boss' credit card!
Last week it was a little work tension and rattling around the house. This week it looks like the work tension will continue but now Frank is home and I'd much rather be there than working late. C'est la vie.
But yes, Frank survived Burning Man. As I said when he got off the plane, he was much cleaner than I expected. And much less sunburnt happily. He's pretty chapped and chaffed but it sounds like he had a good time. He'll just keep moisturized and should be fine.
One funny moment though. Since the playa is so alkaline the best way to get his skin reconditioned was a vinegar bath. I'd left work to get him, saw him settled into the tub and headed back. When I told my boss I'd left him soaking in vinegar she asked if I was pickling him! Hee hee.
But there was some fun last week. Jill, Julie and I got together to catch up and lounge by the pool on Friday...in the rain as it turns out. Well, it was warm and we are rowdy rough girls so a little rain wasn't stopping us! The pool temperature almost did, but we over came! It was great talking about work, babies, future plans, family and life in general. And Julie looked hot in her blue and white gingham "pregnant lady swimsuit"!
Now it's time to get back to work...I'm slowly but surely wearing the numbers off my boss' credit card!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home