Bear Necessities

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

As Time Goes By

I shall attribute my lack of posting to having a life and being busy at work. Neither of which am I complaining about!

Frank and I had one of our patented much too busy weekends, well 2 in a row actually. We shook things up and did St. Patty's day at the Shanache and the Friday before the 17th, then took a drunken Connie with us to a Friday the 13th Pex party. Connie is like chum to sharks apparently. In a room full of safe people I know and trust the one guy no one's ever seen before and who sends out the creepiest vibe will find her. After ushering her away, body blocking while he circled and considering just kissing her to make him go away (since "no, go away" wasn't working) Frank stepped in and toward the end of the night had a 2 girl harem. The guy mumbled and apology to him as we left.

Saturday was recovery then off to Clan Lester to watch that cinematic tour de force "Black Sheep." Coming to you from the green hills of New Zealand with effects courtesy of WEP, this dramatic tail of man-eating sheep and wer-sheep is not to be missed. Not quite Evil Dead, but darned close! Happily Ben was too little to be scarred for life and Julia was in the other room watching Horton Hears a Who.

After our visit we planned on heading back into the city for another party, but I fell asleep on the couch while Frank was in the bathroom so we decided to call it a night. Sorry Aly, we aren't your heroes after all.

Sunday was spent sewing I think. It's kind of a blur. But Connie became an Aunt and there was much rejoicing!

Last weekend we were continuing the People who have Small Children Tour, but illness stepped in. Friday was playing dd for Connie at a friend's 21st birthday (I feel so old, but at least I can drink with out barfing most of the time). We left around 12:30 and missed the birthday girl hurling and another guest being taken to the police station for public intoxication, darn.



Saturday we headed to Lancaster to meet Natasha, a 7 year old ferret we decided to adopt. Isn't she cute?



Then we wandered our way to New Holland to see Jill, Dan and the Seat of Our Pants Players do 12th Night. Dan has once again breathed new life into Shakespeare. I'm normally not a big fan, especially if I've already seen the show once, but he keeps coming up with new angles. The man is talented.

Sunday was supposed to be our second stop in the People who have Small Children Tour, but by then Frank was really under the weather and I was starting to get sick, so we decided not to test Molly's immune system by having lunch with Clan Reisse. We have a rain date for this Sunday though, yay!

So instead of pizza, stories and cuteness Frank slept in and Connie and I went out to get ferret supplies and groceries. By the time we got back I was done and dead tired. Monday my throat started to bother me and by yesterday I was rather miserable. I left work at noon, drove out to pick up Natasha then came home and collapsed. Within a half an hour Natasha had stolen both my socks and figured out how to open her cage door. And had me in stitches. I'll post movies of her soon, lord knows she doesn't stay still enough for pictures!

Happily today I'm feeling better, though sounding worse. And looking forward to getting home to play with the new addition. Or at least act as a speed bump for her...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home