Bear Necessities

Thursday, February 10, 2011

More Dogs that Aren't Ours

So we've added Cooper to the list of dogs that were adopted by their foster parents, and now Precious joins those ranks.  Precious was actually a close call...what I had thought was part of her coat turned out to be her tongue.  I can't say I find dogs who can't put their tongues in there mouth endearing.

And yes, I said we weren't looking for a dog now.  And then Susan from the Animal Alliance returned my inquiry about a dog from a month ago.  And then I decided to take a walk and it would have been so much better with a dog.  It was so much better with a dog.  And I curl up on the couch to watch TV and find myself looking at the other end of the couch where once Callie would have been curled up, and I miss having a furry body there.  Tasha scrambles up now and again just to get a higher vantage point but then scampers off, falling on her head as always and she's off to other venues.  She curles up in her basket and doesn't have any interest in sleeping on the couch, probably because I move around too much.

She is getting slower though.  Harder to wake up from naps, a little more clumsy than normal.  She's eating less too. I admit part of me doesn't want the house to be quiet when she leaves. I just can't think of a house as a home without a critter I guess. 

But there are more important things than puppies to sort out...and I fear I am becoming obsessed!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home